“The best room in London”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #21 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The best room in London”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The last half a year I have been back to The Soho hotel in London 5 times. Compared to most rooms I have had in London over the last 30 years, the Soho Hotel rooms are superior. They are big and spacious, all fabrics are beautiful but not overwhelming. All the rooms I have stayed in look better than the ones they show on their site. The bathroom is great, the towels are warm, the bathtub is deep enough to get your whole body wet, which is not the case in all hotels anymore.
The rooms are quiet, but as soon as you go downstairs you are part of a noisy lively crowd , if you want to get away from the crowd, you can go to one of the big living rooms with big sofas and have your meetings or just drink your tea.
The breakfast is excellent, a new type of fresh juice every day. The restaurant I hear is good ( it is always full).
The staff is helpful and perfect. When you arrive the concierge has written a short note mentioning the most important museum shows etc.
Normally I do not have time to stay in the room except to sleep, but one time I had a flue,to travel seem to be out of the question, but suddenly I realized that if I went to London I could have that one meeting I found so hard to cancel, but more important I would have the wonderful service of the hotel , much better than my busy family at home could provide. I went to London, spent most of the time in my room,best flue I ever had!

Room Tip: To be honest I have never had time to go to the SPA, but from what I have heard it is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Arnasco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The room was great, we were upgraded to a deluxe which overlooked the entrance. Big warehouse style window. Décor in room was perfect and the bed was the biggest I have ever slept in, you could have slept 4 people in it! Room was quiet we heard no noise from our neighbours or outside the hotel. The only negative was that we had a meal in the restaurant on the first night and the popular bar is literally across the room from it with no wall divider, the noise was unbearable we had to leave quickly. I know this is Soho and we are the wrong side of 40 but it was too much. Breakfast food was delicious, would most definitely go back but not eat in the restaurant on a busy night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DiscerningofBaz
London
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best luxury hotels I have had the pleasure to stay at. Everything was perfect and felt effortless, which is not an easy thing to achieve. The room was stunning, very large and extremely luxurious. I think Firmdale are the best hotel company in the business, and I think soho house group is the only other small chain that has a similar wow factor to everything they do. I stayed at Dean Street Townhouse a few days prior but I think this place was better and where I would return to next time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank snowsfieldsUK
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here during a weekend break over Valentine's Day. You'd never know it was here, down a side street in a quiet location. The staff were very warm and welcoming, the room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable as are all areas of the hotel. The breakfast was great. Our room was quiet, you'd never know you are in SoHo.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Oxfordhappy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Tucked down an unsuspecting side street, the Soho Hotel is a gem. The artsy decor, helpful and friendly staff, good food in the restaurant, great location, and fun bar for evening cocktails makes the Soho Hotel a great place to stay, right in the heart of Soho. We easily walked to shopping, the British Museum and other sight-seeing spots located right near the property. We pop in from time to time just for drinks now that we live in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank LivninCA
Santa Monica, California, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have been staying at the CHARLOTTE STREET HOTEL in the past, it belongs to the same small chain of the hotel, FIRMDALE HOTELS.. I got an upgrade, but i did not get any view.. for quite a bit of money for the room I was starring at the next room across the alley.. If you feel like staying at the traditional English home, this hotel is for you.. it is tradition with the modern twist.. the restaurant and bar downstairs is a bit crowded.. it seems that it is preferred meeting place for the local crowd. Bed and pillows are outstanding

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mamuda
Beccles, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel special
An upgrade started the dream the service at front desk was warm hospitable and just perfect.
The room was very large , bed enormous , more like a play pen , very comfortable great linen great toiletries and a mini bar to match any cocktail bar in London.
A glass of champagne and some Olives on arrival to celebrate our anniversary made it perfect

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple