“London Oasis”

Ranked #21 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Napier, New Zealand
“London Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have stayed here before some time ago and decided to rebook. We were not disappointed standards have been well and truly maintained. The hotel is in a very quiet mews yet in the heart of London an easy walk to Piccadilly Circus, Regent and Oxford Streets and a stone throw from Chinatown. This hotel oozes charm, the staff are respectful and obliging. The restaurant bar Refuel is a buzz in the evenings. The most striking thing about this hotel is how peaceful it is, cannot recommend enough.

Room Tip: We opted for a deluxe room which was very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NeilHBNZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

If you are looking for an escape from the craziness of Soho then this is the place, uber cool, amazing vibes, super friendly staff and awesome food.. The decor is what hits you first... so different, colourful and just simply inspiring.

The the smiley faces of those at the reception, or the hosts that great you at the restaurant - brilliant! You are offered everything you could every want... space, relaxed atmosphere, great background music ( that they also sell on CD should you decide you would like to buy it!).. the food is awesome and the selection i great, whether its tapas at the bar, a quick snack for lunch or a full blow out meal you are catered for and the menu selection has something for everyone, from risotto to Chateaubriand everything is available for you to chose from with deserts to die for!! Delicious. The executive head-chef will even come out and ask his guests what they think of the food, he's that passionate about making sure everything is just right! Loved it!

The rooms are all different and have such a good feel about them, so comfortable with all the mod cons and extra you would need. The apartments even have your own kitchen and dining room available should you feel like sending some money and living it up in style! Amazing and so much comfort they really have thought about everything you could need.

Take the time to chill in the hotels many bars, library's and cinema areas all equally as jaw dropping in a kind of cool-chilled way!

I've visited the Soho on business, for lunch, for hen and girlie weekends and for family events... we love it... also great for a cheeky coffee during the day :O) Great coffee!! and you should try their cocktails!!! So good you forget how many you've had (hic!)

I can not rate this place highly enough... a little bit of heaven in a crazy fab Soho!!

Room Tip: Rooms are all amazing.. you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I held a corporate event here a few years ago and loved the style and service. Therefore when I was looking for a hotel near Ronnie Scott's I knew The Soho would be a great choice. Wonderful room, great service and a lot of style. If you get a chance to stay - do it!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Samara, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent the weekend of the FA Cupfinal 2013 in London in this magnificent hotel. The service was superb, always enough personnel available at the desk to answer any questions without having to stand in line. My room was as new, and well furbished in a very original style. But what really stood out for me was the quality of the food. Breakfast and lunch excellent! It would not surprise me if the restaurant is highly ranked in the restaurant guide of London.

The only minus is the direct neighborhood of the hotel. Soho is of course a bit trodden down. Luckily the hotel is located in a small one way side street that keeps out the party goers and noise.

In any case, I'll be sure to stay here again on my future visits to London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently organised an Afternoon booking at the Soho hotel for 10 of my girlfriends. I was attracted to the Soho hotel as I has used Brummus, another firmdale venue, for afternoon tea before and was very impressed.
The booking experience through Soho hotel, all done over email as I live in Sydney visiting the UK, was excellent even though I had to keep upping the numbers and ading on some dietary requirements.
On arrival, we were overjoyed to be placed in the Library room. The room was beautiful and has a great layout of sofas, stools and tables to allow for everyone to be comfy but able to chat and also enjoy the food.
The service was excellent and once all the group had arrived, we were served with scrummy sandwiches (vegetarian guests catered for amply), fresh scones and amazing cakes. That topped of with tea and cocktails. On requesting for some more sandwiches, this was not a problem and staff brought additional plates.
The staff were very attentive but not too pushy that they left us alone in our gorgeous private room to make us feel like we were in someone house, but would keep popping back to see if we needed anything.
We were able to keep the room for hours at no extra charge or hassle.
It was a stunning venue, great service and great food. It was a really special day topped off by the excellent service received. I would highly recommend the venue for afternoon tea. Thanks to the hotel and the staff. I will certaintly be booking again on my next trip to the UK.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank LIZ F
Gothenburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had HIGH expectations of our weekend stay at the Soho Hotel Feb 12-14. Judging from all the reviews I had read and the fact that this hotel has been on my "to-do-list" for quite a while, I was worried that it would not live up to half the greatness i expected. It did. The service was immaculate and the room was absolutely wonderful. The interior decoration, the bathroom, the bed, the minibar (which must have been the best stocked minibar I´ve ever seen!) and the little details, were second to none.
We let concierge recommend a restaurant for our first night in town - and it was spot on.
I loved how the ambience and the service in the hotel were professional, and personal, never snooty.
We will definitely and absolutely come back, even if it is pricey. It will be our special yearly treat, worth every penny.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mojolifestyle
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I would give 10 stars if I could, the best hotel I've stayed in so far!

We were staying in the city for a night before flying to Florence, having found a deal online we turned up expecting a standard room. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendliest staff on reception, they were so accommodating and within minutes we were given the key... only to realise we'd been given the key to THE PENTHOUSE!!!!!!!

This room was flawless, the room was HUGE and the views of the city were stunning. The best part however had to be the bathroom, this was the size of a house with every mod con available, the shower felt like a rainforest and to be quite honest i could have happily slept here. The mini bar would please the most adventurous of imaginations, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud.

We ordered food and the room service was quick, friendly and naturally first class. When evening came we reserved dinner in the refuel restaurant. The food was BEAUTIFUL and service impeccable, we were spoilt rotten.

Naturally after being upgraded I am going to say this is the best hotel i've ever stayed in, but regardless of room standard or if you're just going for a cup of tea in the bar, you will not be disappointed as everyone is treated with a 5* service.

I must thank and applaud the team at the soho hotel for making my trip perfect before it had even began, have been so impressed I have already booked to stay in a few weeks.

Bravo to The Soho!!!!!