“excellent food!”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #18 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent the weekend of the FA Cupfinal 2013 in London in this magnificent hotel. The service was superb, always enough personnel available at the desk to answer any questions without having to stand in line. My room was as new, and well furbished in a very original style. But what really stood out for me was the quality of the food. Breakfast and lunch excellent! It would not surprise me if the restaurant is highly ranked in the restaurant guide of London.

The only minus is the direct neighborhood of the hotel. Soho is of course a bit trodden down. Luckily the hotel is located in a small one way side street that keeps out the party goers and noise.

In any case, I'll be sure to stay here again on my future visits to London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently organised an Afternoon booking at the Soho hotel for 10 of my girlfriends. I was attracted to the Soho hotel as I has used Brummus, another firmdale venue, for afternoon tea before and was very impressed.
The booking experience through Soho hotel, all done over email as I live in Sydney visiting the UK, was excellent even though I had to keep upping the numbers and ading on some dietary requirements.
On arrival, we were overjoyed to be placed in the Library room. The room was beautiful and has a great layout of sofas, stools and tables to allow for everyone to be comfy but able to chat and also enjoy the food.
The service was excellent and once all the group had arrived, we were served with scrummy sandwiches (vegetarian guests catered for amply), fresh scones and amazing cakes. That topped of with tea and cocktails. On requesting for some more sandwiches, this was not a problem and staff brought additional plates.
The staff were very attentive but not too pushy that they left us alone in our gorgeous private room to make us feel like we were in someone house, but would keep popping back to see if we needed anything.
We were able to keep the room for hours at no extra charge or hassle.
It was a stunning venue, great service and great food. It was a really special day topped off by the excellent service received. I would highly recommend the venue for afternoon tea. Thanks to the hotel and the staff. I will certaintly be booking again on my next trip to the UK.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank LIZ F
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had HIGH expectations of our weekend stay at the Soho Hotel Feb 12-14. Judging from all the reviews I had read and the fact that this hotel has been on my "to-do-list" for quite a while, I was worried that it would not live up to half the greatness i expected. It did. The service was immaculate and the room was absolutely wonderful. The interior decoration, the bathroom, the bed, the minibar (which must have been the best stocked minibar I´ve ever seen!) and the little details, were second to none.
We let concierge recommend a restaurant for our first night in town - and it was spot on.
I loved how the ambience and the service in the hotel were professional, and personal, never snooty.
We will definitely and absolutely come back, even if it is pricey. It will be our special yearly treat, worth every penny.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mojolifestyle
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I would give 10 stars if I could, the best hotel I've stayed in so far!

We were staying in the city for a night before flying to Florence, having found a deal online we turned up expecting a standard room. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendliest staff on reception, they were so accommodating and within minutes we were given the key... only to realise we'd been given the key to THE PENTHOUSE!!!!!!!

This room was flawless, the room was HUGE and the views of the city were stunning. The best part however had to be the bathroom, this was the size of a house with every mod con available, the shower felt like a rainforest and to be quite honest i could have happily slept here. The mini bar would please the most adventurous of imaginations, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud.

We ordered food and the room service was quick, friendly and naturally first class. When evening came we reserved dinner in the refuel restaurant. The food was BEAUTIFUL and service impeccable, we were spoilt rotten.

Naturally after being upgraded I am going to say this is the best hotel i've ever stayed in, but regardless of room standard or if you're just going for a cup of tea in the bar, you will not be disappointed as everyone is treated with a 5* service.

I must thank and applaud the team at the soho hotel for making my trip perfect before it had even began, have been so impressed I have already booked to stay in a few weeks.

Bravo to The Soho!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicky O
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked the Soho as a place to spend our first night married and arrived around 2.45am but were met at the door and escorted to our room by a lovely member of staff for whom nothing was too much trouble and a pot of tea was produced immediately.

The hotel - what we saw of it on our quick stay - had all you'd expect of a Firmdale hotel - Fantastic room with lovely comfortable bed, sparkling clean and everything you could need, including an interestingly named 'Love Kit' in the mini bar (we didn't in case you are wondering).

Breakfast in bed was a treat and again on checkout, the staff couldn't have been nicer to us, storing my (new) wife's dress for a week whilst we were away at no charge.

I really can't recommend this hotel and the chain highly enough - when they deliver good service, they really know the meaning of the words.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

As the title says, this was my second stay at the Soho Hotel.

As with the first stay, for reasons I do not know I was upgraded upon checkin from a Deluxe Room to a Junior Suite, which was excellent. The room itself was huge, wonderful expansive and well-lit bathroom, twin sinks, invigorating shower.

Bar downstairs also excellent. My double vodka soda was more like a quad! Attentive service and warm welcoming smiles all round from all the staff.

At breakfast next morning there was the usual excellent Full English or a choice of eggs, buffet ... whatever you want.

I really cannot recommend this hotel high enough. It is well placed for shopping on Regent Street and Oxford Street, a ten minute walk through quiet, safe streets to Covent Garden and Leicester Square, with a huge selections of bars and restuarants also within 5-10 minutes walk. Likely, I will stay nowhere else in London for the foreseeable future, as long as budget permits!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We travelled with another couple for one of their 40th birthdays. The hotel staff were wonderful, the service was fantastic and they sent up a bottle of chilled champagne with chocolate and strawberries. So nice! The rooms were awesome. And the mini bar the best ever! This hotel is not cheap but it is completely fabulous. It is a new favourite and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2013