“Comfortable, friendly, perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #23 of 1,067 Hotels in London
ridgewood, NJ
“Comfortable, friendly, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Spent four nights in a luxury room. Huge! Extremely comfortable bed and great bathroom. Quiet.
Super location in the heart of Soho with tons of bars and restaurants in a three block radius. Convenient to the Picadilly or Leceister Square Tubes and walking distance to Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, British Museum etc. Very happening bar and restaurant. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NJsuperdad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Greek first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I'm really going to struggle here to not gush positive things about this hotel. This was probably my 5th stay here going back to 2005 and I've never had a single negative thing to say - which for me is actually saying something. I arrived at the hotel and was told that I had been upgraded, which is always music to my ears. When I got to the room however (102) it felt like it was in the basement. You see, the "view" was of a dark air shaft, with a perfect view - just 3 meters away - of either someones apartment or of another hotel room.

Needless to say, I headed back to reception to let them know that I actually wasn't allergic to sunlight. Josh (who by sheer coincidence had checked me in at least one other time during a previous visit - and is excellent) searched through the computer and ultimately found me the perfect room, with enormous windows and...sunlight. Nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel essentially ticks every single box I have on my mental checklist of a well run hotel. Comfortable bed, well equipped bathroom, strong water pressure in the shower (no low class flow restricters here!), adjustable and properly functioning climate control and friendly unobtrusive service. Seriously, it's that good. And too prove it, I saw a very famous actor here yesterday (I'll not say who, in respect for their privacy) who I'm sure wouldn't settle for second best.

In the interests of balanced reporting, I should come up with at least one negative thing to say....but, well - I can't. After 7 years, The Soho Hotel remains my London favorite.

Room Tip: I first got 102, which faces an indoor "courtyard" (?) which is so small that you're a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Polandexpat11
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just one night in the Soho Hotel was enough to persuade me that this is going to be my favourite London hotel from now on. Perfectly situated for our Friday night at the Soho Theatre, we had a meal at the fabulous Quo Vadis and a stroll around the vibrant streets of this exciting area of central London, ending with drinks in the hotel's Refuel packed-out bar. This hotel is beautifully decorated in a contemporary and colourful glamourous style which compliments its atmosphere immensely. Our room was beautiful and the bed huge and very comfortable. Lovely, spacious bathroom too. Breakfast great with plenty of choice and very helpful staff. Will definitely be back for more! Will try the spa next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GokUK
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is my 3rd stay at the hotel and this time I am here on business so staying in a deluxe twin room and its gorgeous and so spacious and comfortable. The staff go out of their way to make us comfortable and nothing seems to be too much trouble. I'm here for 5 nights and then coming back for one more night after a short inter country day trip . I don't want to leave. The room service breakfast has been lovely and my spa facial was one of the best I've ever had. The bathrooms are large and lovely with powerful showers, large separate baths and lovely robes etc. I love this hotel and the best improvement since I last stayed here is they now have free wifi which makes checking emails much more convenient! It's 10/10 for me and I've stayed at a large range of hotels and this is simply the best in London. Stay here, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: I've stayed in rooms on 5 th floor and they're good. Soho suite is amazing. This time we are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank erinclaire_sydney
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tucked away in Soho, this hotel was everything a great luxury hotel should be - good service, great restaurants, huge rooms, and ideal location. My room was magnificent with floor to ceiling windows, a large sitting area, and very peaceful. The hotel is located on a quiet side street, close to excellent dining and walkable to Covent Garden.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been to the Soho Hotel a few times, for drinks with friends, lunch with clients, and also for an overnight stay. Always enjoyed it, and the standard is very high.

This review though is really to praise their Weekend Film Club concept, something I believe they also do at their sister hotels Charlotte Street and Covent Garden. The deal is £35 for 3 courses and a movie in their private screening room (I think in the week it's 2 courses and a glass of wine for the same price).

From start to finish we were looked after very well - the service is absolutely top-class. The booking team were very flexible with us and becuase we were pressed for time allowed us to have our pudding after the film instead of all beforehand. The waiter spotted that I had asked for gluten-free bread and took the initiative to brief the chef to adapt the sauce for my main course - something I was very impressed by.
The food was delicious and well presented, and the atmosphere, both in the restaurant and the drawing room, where we had our pudding, was really lovely.
The small screen cinema experience is fantastic and they do it very well, with sofas as well as large armchairs with little tables for you to put your wine glass. And free popcorn.

The team there are great at making what in principle is a simple concept of dinner and movie into a really special experience. 5 stars!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BalletFlats
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

So im writing this review from my room 509 in the Soho hotel...couldn't wait to share the greatest service experience I've ever had in my 40 plus years of traveling....I mention at the front desk that I'm looking to bring scones and jam home for my family...the great staff offers to have the chef bake fresh scones for me the moring of my departure and they also made a special trip to Fortnum & Mason to pick up my requested jam flavors...this was all by their suggestion...and did I mention the rooms are fabulous and my terrace has a lovely view of the Shard & Eye...and a 2 minute walk to Chinatown...farewell Savoy, The Soho is my new London home.....Thanks so much to the fine staff.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms have balconies...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo