1,678 results
All reviews firmdale hotels kit kemp refuel bar dean street honesty bar deluxe junior suite film club firmdale group drawing room ham yard luxury room room service afternoon tea beautiful room perfect hotel mini bar covent garden
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Each time I go to London I stay in the Soho Hotel and each time is as good as the last. I have stayed in various Firmdale hotels, and they are all very good, but the Soho is my favourite. It is in a fantastic location, walking distance to Chinatown, Covent Garden, Regent and Oxford Streets, the theatres, not to mention Soho itself.

The rooms are all individually designed, they are gorgeous and maintained to a very high standard. The bathrooms are lovely and there is never a shortage of high quality toiletries. The beds are extremely comfortable!

The common areas have a great atmosphere, what ever the time of day. There is an extremely busy and buzzy bar but also two lounge rooms where you can sit and have a drink in comfortable couches and armchairs.

The breakfast is really fresh and there is a huge variety available. This is served in the restaurant, and even though I have never eaten lunch or dinner here, the restaurant is always busy and the food looks good.

The concierge are extremely helpful. I always contact them prior to my stay to help me book restaurants etc, and they are great.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel. We have stayed as a couple, with our children and with I have also stayed with a group of girlfriends and each time our stay has been fabulous.

Room tip: I have stayed in quite a few rooms none of which really has a view to speak of! If you want a view you would have to ask when booking.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitty63Melbourne
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Everything was perfect. Our room was amazing and unbelievably comfortable. The restaurant and bar were lively and trendy with excellent service. But the breakfast .......... amazing. Thank you so much for our best ever stay in London.

Room tip: We paid a little extra for a superior room on our second visit and it was lovely!
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been going to the Firmdale Hotels since they opened and I am a big fan. But The Soho Hotel is definitely my favorite one in London ( as the Crosby Street in New York is my favorite NY hotel ) .

Everything about this hotel is what you expect and hope for in a luxury city hotel : clean , big rooms, incredible mattresses and bed linens, big bathrooms,great products, new thick towels and robes, great assortment in mini bar , impeccable service, 2 cosy living rooms for meetings or reading , big healthy breakfast choice , both buffet and a la carte, fun( but noisy ) bar and restaurant area, amazing location in the heart of Soho but in a quiet mews , beautiful and well taken care of interior design......what else can you want ?

The Soho Hotel makes you feel like someone, a person not a corporate, really cares.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MissPerpetualMotion
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Phenomenal location, walking distance to Chinatown, Covent Garden, Oxford Street and theatre, but what's really nice about this hip hotel is the service is above impeccable from the doorman, to check in, to room service - all lovely. The bathrooms are larger than some hotel rooms in NYC, I hated to come out, and I adore the heated towel racks. At the risk of sounding old, the rooms are comfortable design, more so than other boutique hotels that try too hard to be hip with useless lighting tricks and less than comfortable amenities.

Room tip: Each floor is painted a cheerful bold hue. Our fourth floor room had lovely rooftop lighting.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed with my kids ( albeit they are 20 , 18 , 15 and 13) here for 3 nights , we had 3 rooms which in fact were all suites and all quite large. Furnishings excellent , not noisy in any way and the room service was quick and efficient. Me and my wife would have preferred to stay here alone as the bar and restaurant were really very popular and we never managed to get seats in the bar at any time during our stay. The hotel has a couple of rooms where you can sit and have a drink however these were often full with parties and a residents bar is really needed in my opinion. The concierge was great and the location central although this is bang in the middle of the gay area so if you are homophobic choose another hotel ! One really annoying thing and this is a general hate of mine is that the hotel charges for wifi which these days I think is like charging for electricity or water - its free in MacDonalds guys come on !!!

Room tip: Book a standard room they are all large
Date of stay: October 2012