Review Highlights

from $83.92
from $109.74
from $83.92
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2014

I loved the original movie with Sir Alec Guinness & Peter Sellers so I was really excited to see how this amazing ealing comedy could be brought to life on stage. I wasn't disappointed. This play was a laugh-a-minute with excellent acting from everyone but I have to mention Angela Thorne as Mrs Wilberforce - just fantastic & ditzy as the movie character.

It really stayed true to the movie & I was fascinated at how well John Gordan Sinclair took on the role of Professor Marcus with such ease (never thought anyone could play the character as well as Sir Alec Guinness). Ralf Little had taken on the character of Harry (originally played by Peter Sellers) & was absolutely hilarious.

It isn't often that I wish a show wouldn't end but I could have watched this play for an extra hour or two instead of the 1 hour 45 mins it lasted. Fantastically entertaining & a must-see for theatre-goers.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Don't go with the film in your mind and you'll enjoy it all the more. Thought it was cleverly written and performed with some genuine laugh out loud moments. Good sets, good cast, good acting, good seats, good value. Good job!

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great acting, very funny, excellent set and lovely theatre great night out. Lived up to the film which is high praise indeed.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My friend Karen and I go to the West End once a year (all I can afford!) to see a play. This year we went to see The Ladykillers.

We both enjoyed it hugely. I was amazed at the sheer number of laugh-out-loud moments, particularly in the first half. I was equally amazed to find that the writer of the brilliantly funny play we had just seen was Graham Linehan. I watch Have I Got News for You regularly, on which he is sometimes a guest - and he is usually woefully unfunny on it. Can't believe he is the same guy who wrote this very witty version of The Ladykillers.

It is much better than the overrated 1955 film. Most of those much-vaunted Ealing comedies rely on smart ideas and the occasional funny bit, and have hardly any laugh-out-loud moments at all. This play had about 20 times (literally) the laughs of the film. There are a few minor flaws in the play - the lines from the actor playing the old Herbert Lom role were hard to make out from where we were sitting - but overall it is excellent.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The actors playing Mrs Wilberforce and the Professor were excellent, the sets innovative and worked well but I found the production on the whole rather amateurish. Possibly I was influenced by the wonderful classic film, I did think parts of the play were very funny but spoilt by the "over the top performance" of one of the characters (played by Herbert Lom in the film) Not the worst production I have ever seen but by no means the best.

Date of experience: November 2013