“Abysmal”

Ranked #17,027 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2014

Awful food, awful staff and over rated price. We walked in and the waiters/owners were quite rude.. They couldn't take joke and rushed the order as they had to leave the order hanging over 3 times.

We thought it would get better.. So I asked for a well done steak and I was advised to go for a medium well done.. I followed the advice fro the expert!!

As it was a T bone steak.. I thought the cut had different cuts of meat such as fillet sirloin etc.. I ate the steak thinking it would get better.. The more I are the harder it got.. As wrong as this may sound!

I therefore decided to get my husband to try my steak as by that time my back tooth was in pain!!!! My husband was quite shocked at how chewy the meat was and asked if I wanted something else.. From steakout??? Not really!!!

Anyway.. The waiter came with the bill and I complained about the meat.. He had the audacity to tell me that if I went to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, he would refuse to serve me a medium to well done as that's not how steak is eaten! Well excuse me.. That's probably the reason why I didn't chose to go to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant!
Secondly.. He got very defensive saying that I should have known what to order.. Again.. I'm sorry but I was advised by your staff!!!

Finally.. When we went to pay, we were told that the card machine is not working.. Minor issue but after being greeted and served in a very unfriendly manner, I don't think a faulty machine is what we want!!!

We got a 10% discount but if rather pay a little more at Sahara grill and enjoy the food, have a nice time in a nice environment and be spoken to with respect!

I would even recommend jungle braai and coffee inn over steakout!!! I really don't know what the waiters attitude and arrogance are for!!!

3  Thank Miss-fussyeater26

Reviewed October 24, 2014

I see there are some mixed review to this place. Have been here a few times now and never had a bad experience. The food has always been good, fresh and the service has always been of a good standard. We have tried everything from their steaks, pies, burgers and cannot complain. Will continue to come back. Shame I don't live nearer!

Reviewed October 23, 2014

Took my mother out for lunch in Harrow and on a whim thought lets try here. Service was terrible. We had to wait for the staff to finish saying talking to each out before they came to us. Took a long while to finish to get our order due to another conversation and when we did get the food and the drinks both were were slopped on the table. No effect at all to clean it up or to say sorry. Food tasted nothing like how it was describe. It wasn't bad but nothing exciting. Wouldn't eat there again.

1  Thank shazzypf
Reviewed September 30, 2014

Went here on a Sunday recently for a meal. From the outside, it looks a bit like a fast-food restaurant, and the inside isn't much better.

The restaurant itself was okay - clean, tidy, McDonalds-esque formica tables.

The staff were good - efficient, asked all the right questions, delivered food and bill and everything very quickly and efficiently.

But, ultimately, the food was no more than 'meh'. I can appreciate the type of restaurant it is, and that it's not catering for anything more than the beefeater family contingent, but the food remained completely uninteresting.

having opened with a menu where you picked the type of cooking, then the steak, then the sauce, then the side, it felt formulaic and cheap, and it didn't really progress from there.

My friend had a steak plain, and whilst he said it was fine to eat, it didn't look very impressive, and I wonder why they were so keen to get sauce on them. I had a Chimchirri sauce, but it was lathered on so heavily that any taste the steak might have had was lost.

The sides were nice (chips were fine), and the steaks themselves weren't bad, per se. But they weren't good either. Given I had picked a rare steak on a sizzling platter, I had no pink whatsoever when i cut into it at the beginning, never mind the end. The steaks weren't particularly tasty, although they weren't chewy, despite what appeared to be quite an amount of fatty deposits in them.

And ultimately, for the price, it didn't feel like a good deal. Again, it didn't feel bad; but if i'm spending £16 on a steak, I want more than what appears to be a slab of tesco value meat slathered in a sauce so I don't notice. Had it been cheap, I would have understood, but having spent £40 for two, it stopped being McDonalds and ought to have aspired to something more (in my mind).

Reviewed September 17, 2014

I went to the one in Harrow with my best friends, and it was absolutely amazing!!! juicy steaks! couldn't wait to tuck into it, that my friends and I burnt our tongues! :P Nice place, lovely atmosphere, staff are very attentive, and price wise, affordable.

4  Thank Chow M