“Fairly decent food - Too expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meat and Shake

Meat and Shake
Ranked #7,734 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Fairly decent food - Too expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very relaxed atmosphere, great decor.
Food could do with a little attention to flavour and taste. The prices are a little to over the top especially for Tooting area.
I visited this place when they just opened and the menu had too many options and had no milkshakes to offer.
I believe now they have amended the menu and have added milkshakes so I will probably give them one more chance.

• Visited September 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Good addition to tooting food scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Love the decor of the place. Burgers are good sized and yummy. Service very friendly. I'd come back!

• Visited November 2013
London
“Top burger, would recommend a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Made a trip last night, was a vibrant atmosphere and a well thought out place, only one toilet (male, female and seems disabled to) so was a bit cramped... anyway to the food, I always order a classic burger wherever I go and usually I get disappointed - but this one came medium cooked to perfection (I like that word), really juicy and tender beef, simple flavour, It didn't fill me up so I had to order another! Sweet potato fries are nice and different and I had the chocolate shake (stick with the classics) which was good, thick and creamy - and large so worth the money I guess.

I haven't tried the other burgers, but I do eat at honest burgers a lot shout out to them) and these guys aren't far off to be honest. Only downside - some may complain at the price of some of the burgers, but I would be interested to definitely indulge and try the rest and then feedback.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was unsure at first...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Well usually I don't eat at burger joints, simply because I think paying for a beef pattie in and amongst a whole heap of starchy and dry bread is a sin in itself, I have never found a burger joint I could return to and recommend. Then stumbling upon Meat and Shake I decided to give it a chance. It was busy and it's decor looked appealing.

When my girlfriend and I finally decided to go there we were greeted by a friendly host who although slightly flustered was quick on her feet guide to us to a nice table, suitable for us as a couple who wanted to be able to enjoy our night together.

The menu was varied and original. We both ordered the Smokey Bandit, I was skeptical but alas the burger arrived, and was pleasantly suprised, there was a little theatrical theme with the burger under a cover of smoke which when the top was removed filled the air with a smokey fragrance.

The burger looked tasty, but I was still skeptical, eventually I decided to take the plunge and get stuck in. The burger was medium rare, onions and cheese with turkey streaks that I requested all combined made for a very tasty burger. Through my experience the bun is usually always dry and bland, but this was interesting as it was soft and glazed with a butter of some sort which really gave it a brioche feel but fused with the meat and its toppings was impressive to say the least.

The spicy buffalo wings and casava fries were all very good. Customer service was reassuring and helpful.

Would I recommend? YES

Would I return? YES

• Visited October 2013
“Not convinced at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Just been to this place.

Decor is great and they had the Halloween theme going on which was cool.

Staff are friendly and are helpful and I personally enjoy a bit of jazz and blues.

I had the meat and shake burger and requested it medium. 15 minutes later my burger arrived, presentation immaculate (though I'm not sure where the flower comes into all of this).

Ok so the burger which was supposed to be medium was cooked well done (and my wife's well done burger...well lets just say that part of the cow must have been a sinner as its after life wasn't a good one). The burger was covered in what I can only describe as a jug of BBQ sauce, which meant I had to spend a fair bit of time and effort to a) remove the sauce b) find the beef pattie and its friends.

Once I claimed victory over the sauce I got to tuck in. The turkey ham was very very nice but the burger was mediocre at best. At £9 a go im not sure I can bring myself to pay for a few strips of ham, a below par burger and a jug of BBQ sauce (I guess I could get £9 by selling the sauce on my burger back to them).

Not satisfied with my meal I tucked into my wife's chips which were nice (£2+) but her burger also disappointed. ..I can't remember the name of it.

The Oreo milkshake wasnt also all that and it seemed there were biscuits that had sunk to the bottom of the glass/jug/ocean. I must admit the sheer size of the milkshake made up for the below par burger.

So would I recommend it? Lets just say I think I will stick to GBK, its better for my taste buds and my bank account. Would I go back again...I dont think so

• Visited October 2013