All reviews continental breakfast street station small hotel brick lane restaurants and bars good size clean rooms tea and coffee making facilities comfortable bed night stay yogurt fantastic stay the air conditioning three nights excellent location easy access fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was originally posted on my blog. If you like the review, why not head over to my blog.

I travelled down to London for work, and needed to be in the Old Street area. London is never cheap, as we know, and I was booked to stay here. The reviews looked promising.

First things first. I arrived in London late in the evening and headed to the Old Street tube. Walking along Old Street was OK from a safety viewpoint. There are plenty of people around. However, as I got closer to the hotel, I began to feel slightly less safe. I’d suggest anyone who is a little concerned about there safety gets a taxi here.

Entry to the hotel is on a buzzer system. The reception area is small, but functional. There is a PC with a printer and internet access. The greeting was friendly. They checked my ID and asked for a credit card for a security deposit. This isn’t the norm in my experience in the UK, and wasn’t advertised on Booking.com, so be aware that you will need to have a credit or debit card even if you stay here for work.

I was checked in and headed to my room. I was staying on the first floor, facing Hoxton Street and I didn’t hear any noise from the road, either at night or the next morning.

The room was well furbished, with a comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities and a TV. The en-suite was well finished too.

As it was late, I didn’t make much use of the room apart from sleeping, but as I said, I had no complaints, although an alarm going off in the hotel woke me at 6am. I was then woken again about an hour later as the builders started work on the room opposite. Not exactly a restful nights sleep. To be honest, if it had been a Premier Inn, I would have been asking for money back at this point.

The stay included breakfast, so getting dressed, I headed down to the lower ground to eat. The breakfast offer, styled as Continental, consists of Babybel cheese, cold Danish pastries and croissant, cereal and cold hard boiled eggs. You can help yourself to coffee and tea and juice cartons.

Service wasn’t great in the breakfast room. The staff were busy having a conversation, and there wasn’t a cleared table to sit at, so I made some space for myself, at which point a member of staff pushed past me to clear the pots. However, perhaps the best bit is being able to listen to members of staff as they go to use the disabled toilet which is directly off the breakfast area.

I quickly ate my breakfast, headed back to the room, packed, and left.

All in all, it wasn’t the greatest stay. I get that alarms go off. However, getting builders to start work at 7am is entirely the choice of the hotel. The breakfast comfortably goes down in my list of worst hotel breakfasts.

Needless to say, I won’t be back.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2019

Room was very clean and well appointed. Reception very helpful and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was better than expected. Would not hesitate to rebook if I needed to stay in London. Actual area was as expected.

Room tip: Front of hotel has better view and is quieter.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ramesh S, Manager at Shoreditch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

Dear Alan,

Greetings from Shoreditch Inn! Thank you for your very kind review and for your stay at Shoreditch Inn. We look forward to welcoming you at Shoreditch Inn.
Shoreditch Inn Team

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I lived in London for a long 5 years prior to this trip. So the 3 days we spent at the hotel were merely to re-live the experiences we’d once had. I say that because if you know London then you would expect exactly what you find at the hotel. Location and atmosphere are the key things here.
The room we stayed in faced the main road, so obviously there was noise, but my partner and I wanted that. I know that may sound weird but that’s what we wanted. The photos we’ve put up clearly show the excellent standards of the hotel.
Shoreditch is noisy, a little rundown and vintage looking. The hotel isn’t. Which is a massive deal considering that you feel as if you’ve stepped out of one reality into another.
Breakfast was beautiful. You get downstairs, into a small room, it’s quiet, the tv is on and you can ask the ladies working there to cook your eggs.
We have no complaints there.
There’s just enough of a selection to keep your belly’s full until lunch time.

Overall we didn’t expect what we received, which is why we’ve boosted the rating as it was a positive shock.
We’ll make this trip again solely due to the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ramesh S, Manager at Shoreditch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Alessia,

Greetings from Shoreditch Inn! Thank you for your kind review and reliving your experience of London staying with us. We look forward to welcome you at Shoreditch Inn.

Team Shoreditch Inn

Reviewed April 26, 2019

I have spent a fair amount of time in numerous London hotels over the past 6 months. This one is great! Location is superb, staff really friendly, room basic but very clean. Frankly everything that you would want, and at a good price as well.

Will def be back

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Ramesh S, Manager at Shoreditch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Dear Andy,

Greetings from Shoreditch Inn! Thank you for your kind words about the stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcome you at Shoreditch Inn.

Shoreditch Inn Team

Reviewed April 8, 2019

This place was perfect for a one night stay. The area is perfect if your into the nightlife scene. The room was clean and the staff was helpful. I arrived super early in the morning and could not check-in because my room was unavailable. The room was a little cold but we figured out to turn on the heat.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Ramesh S, Manager at Shoreditch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Shoreditch Inn! Thank you for your stay and review. we look forward to welcome you at Shoreditch Inn.

Team Shoreditch Inn