“ewwwww” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Rama

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rama
Ranked #1,028 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Edmonton
“ewwwww”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2006

Oh my goodness, this hotel was utterly revolting. About 5 squares of waterlogged toilet paper are provided, a t.v. remote control caked in food and miscellaneous substances, an awful smell, rogue hairs in the beds, balls of hair melded into the carpets, a flimsy lock on the door, and pigeon poo all over the window. Oh and the "tea facilities"? A dirty old chipped mug with a hair in the bottom and some stale old teabags. I am a budget traveller and quite used to making do, but this was really the limit and for the price avoid at all costs. Awful. And did I mention weird hairs everywhere?

Stayed September 2006
3 Thank erban

Solo
Johannesburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2006

This Hotel left me speachless! Was dumped there late at night by the Lidos Hotel, who had 'kindly' arranged alternative accomodation due to their over booking! The Hotel stank, and the room was minging and very tired. The dressing table only had three legs, and was a broken down scrap. The bathroom was the size of a broom closet, and like a bomb had hit it - a picture of Beirut! The shower was completely dismantled, the floor was collapsing, the basin was coming adrift and leaking, and everything was just filthy! We at first refused to stay there. It was late and we were worried that we wouldn't find alternative accomodation at that late hour. We stayed one night. It was like a scene from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". Also, there was no other alternative bathroom, so we had to go next door to the Lidos Hotel, and use their basement shower - what a joke!
NEVER put foot here - this is the absolute worst I have ever seen!!!

• Liked — Nothing!!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank Gawie

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2006

Absolutely hideous, disgusting hotel. We were given a room int he basement with crap lying everywhere outside it. The room stank of damp, the bathroom leaked and smelled even worse, and there were fleas that bit us when we sat on the bed. I was in shock at how horrible it was, with seedy-looking, surly staff as well. We went back to reception but nobody was there, so left straight away. It is the most disgusting place I've ever seen, and I like hostels!

• Stayed March 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2006

I booked to stay at the Rama hotel,and I really wish I hadn't, the hotel bedrooms are nothing like the photo,I couldn't believe this hotel actually has a rating. It was a hostel not a hotel! we booked a twin room, when we opened the door we walked straight into a wardrobe which was directly behind the door - fire & safety hazard!!! me and my friend had to move it out they way ourselves.
the supposidly twin room was bunkbeds on one side - one broken!! and two single beds pushed together, the room was tiny, dark, there were random boards of wood crudly stuck on the wall to act as bed heads,no room to move in the room. it was badly decorated, the cups, tea and coffee were on the floor - very hygienic!!! ther were no drawes for storage,no basics such as shampoo, shower gel, hair dressers or irons available.
the bathroom was a cupboard,the shower was badly fitted,the water was cold,the floor had no non-slip matting, my friend nearly slipped twice when getting out of the shower - a law suit waiting to happen! the shower door was in front of sink so you couldn't open it very wide - not good it bigger than a size 12.
the window was filthy with pigeons purching on the ledge so you couldn't open the window very wide, the room was not cleaned daily, we had to use the same towels over again, the soap given looked like it had be taken from another hotel and used before - it was unwrapped and just left on the side of sink and was dirty. the breakfast area was a joke in itself - i did not want to eat in it.
How this hotel hasnt been done by the trades discription act is beyond me, it does not deserve its supposidly two diamond rating. It is not worthy of its £44 pernight they charged me, DONOT make the same mistake i did, pay the extra stay somewhere nice!!!

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bradford on Avon, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2006

I'd booked into a different hotel, the Carbigoe, with Lastminute but when I tried to check in they said they had decorating work being done and took me to this, their "sister" hotel . My room was in the basement. There was a shower but it didn't work. I was kept up half the night by someone's TV. Bits of plaster fell off the ceiling. The door wouldn't lock from the outside. There was no plug in the tiny sink. The decoration was half-finished. There was an old chip on the floor. At least the sheets were clean! The advertised price for a room here was £59. You would be mad to pay that. I'd paid only £27 but still, there is a standard below which a room should not fall and this one did.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank Tenormezzo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2005

I've travelled to London several times and I have never had an experience as bad as the this hotel. The hotel hadn't reserved us the room that we had asked for. Instead they tried to squeeze 3 adults into a double room. There was no door on the bathroom. The window wouldn't close and the heat was turned up full blast in an attempt to compensate for this.

There was something rusty floating at the bottom of the toilet, not the cleanest place to be. In fact it was downright fowl.

I went back down to reception and demanded my money back. I refused to stay there. I'm still waiting to be compensated.

There are much better places to stay in London for far less money. It is an insult for a hotel to claim the rating that this one does. Stay away from it if you want to have an enjoyable trip.

• Stayed December 2005