Pembury Hotel
$215
$188
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfinsbury park stationalexandra palacebooked this hotelwould stay againone night staytea and coffeetubepubs
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night and was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, coffee shop was open late ( didn't get there till nearly 11pm and got a drink). I had read on a couple of the reviews breakfast was cold; ever so glad really because it was cereal and continental style! Another said it was noisey. It was but stayed in far worse than this and paid more. Good value for money at the price; £33 for a single on suite with breakfast. get a grip of reality its a budget hotel. Very close to underground and station too; 10 minute staedy walk.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Pembury Hotel good location and cheap and very good breakfast. Staff nice and do everytihng that you ask for. Short distance to football and not so long for the shopping in all areas and underground near by

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just. Don't. Got put in a room next to the stairs, unbearable. Had to shove in earplugs to muffle the sound.

Was constantly woken up by people lumping up and down the stairs at all hours and slamming doors at 6am shaking our room!!

Walls so thin you could hear the tv below word for word.

When the water was running in the room above the pipes would whine.

The bathroom although very clean is tiny.

The room itself was lovely and very clean!!

Internet conked out on the second day.

Finally. The main light in the room went. And I mean main. It's the only one.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Really small twin room. I have never seen such a small bathroom, ever! The shower head only trickled. There was a kettle in the room but the wash basin was too small to fill the kettle and also said 'not drinking water'! We got a good price but would not dream of paying what they are asking at the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Having no train to go home due to Virgin Trains cancellation to trains going to the North West of England I had no choice but to try and find a hotel at the last minute. Finsbury Park area was suggested by a rail operative at Euston as everyone stuck like me unable to go home was trying to find accommodation. The second hotel I tried was the Pembury and they had just one room left. Imagine my surprise when the noticeboard showed a room cost as £110 for the room available yet I was told £130. When I asked why the hotel receptionist just said "did I want the room, that was the cost". Being tired and needing to get off my feet I accepted but was really shocked that that attitude was given.

The room was acceptable, the shower horrendous - you really cannot move in them it is like being boxed into a cupboard. The floors outside the rooms are not carpeted - you hear every movement and the noise in between rooms is very easily heard. A 2am return for 2 people was very clearly heard step by step and full conversation - not something I would have chosen to listen to!

Overall - I was grateful to find a room in an emergency but would I choose to return to this hotel ever unless it was an emergency, it certainly would not be my hotel of any choice if I had one.

The only upside - at least the WiFi was free so that I could keep an eye on trains recommencing and plan my next day's travel - I did get home ... eventually.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business