“not again”
Review of Newham Hotel

Newham Hotel
Ranked #939 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 30, 2011

was just their for one night thank fully room wasnt to bad but the shower was not even on the same floor and wasnt a shower more of a trickle and cold water workmen quality hotel but breakfast didnt start till 7.30 .Will not be stopping again if i can

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Newham Hotel

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for one night in a twin en-suite room. The room was clean and spacious, and the shower was better than I'd expect for the level of establishment.
There is plenty of parking at the front and back of the hotel.
The staff at reception were friendly and helpful.
The only negative is that there wasn't enough seating for breakfast, it was only in a small room, so we couldn't have any. When we looked at what was on offer we weren't too upset that we couldn't eat, as it didn't look very appetizing.
Also there wasn't a lift so I had to drag my suitcases up some narrow stairs.
But overall, good value hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank neonpinkish
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Im suprised at reading these terrible reviews !!! I thought our room was clean and fairly new looking. Bathroom was ok too. We only stayed for one night whilst we attended Love Box Festival but it served its purpose(comfortable sleep & Breakfast). Staff seemed friendley. For the money and what we wanted it for it was fine !!!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms 1 & 2 were fine
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for the night as it was 5 miles from the O2, the first impressions of the room and bathroom were quite nice however when i went to have a shower the water was coming out freezing and there was a smell of what can only be described as a dirty fish tank / sewage smell coming from the shower.

The shower also wasn't draining either, my boyfriend went to reception to complain, a man who could hardly speak English came up to the room to unblock the shower which made the smell even worse and the dirt, hair and other deposits that came out of the shower plug were disgusting, when we advised him of the nasty smell coming out the shower his answer was to bring us a bottle of nasty smelling air freshener, he also persisted to say that the water was warm when it clearly wasn't, we also had to ask him for the TV remote which for some strange reason was at reception he seemed very reluctant for us to have it. The attitude from him was that he didnt care either. It so gross i ended up washing my hair in the sink and couldn't even close the toilet door to use the loo as the smell was so bad.

We could hear noise from the other rooms as well, people walking up the corridors and moving about upstairs, we had to keep the toilet door shut all night to make sure that fish tank smell didnt come in the room, It was a very lucky thing that we actually missed breakfast the next morning as i cant imagine what that would have been like.

Again went to wash my hair in the sink the next morning as the thought of even touching that shower made me feel sick the water again was freezing,

we couldn't check out quicker and def wouldn't be coming back. if you are thinking of staying in a hotel down this road please make sure you dont stay at this one.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charliecfc
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Turned up after booking online . Were told by Gite the manager that he had tried to contact us saying that the two en suite rooms we had booked were now only one lying b****r ,the other was a room only with shared facilities .bedroom small ,bathroom flooded . Breakfast poor eastern european waitress,s grumpy. Avoid unless nothing else available

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Jiggerello
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I called and booked a double room with my other half and offer us a discount because we said we are shopping around and we was please to hear that. We got there and the look at me...and looked shocked to see me a (tall black male), I guessing because I was very well spoken voice.
He turn to the porter to and spoke in his language made us wait about 10mins, I was shown to a room that was next to the hotel.....I was confused but we thought we would take a look. The porter took us a room with 2 SINGLE BEDS (unmade), TOWELS on the floor. WALL PAPER HANGING of the ceiling...I WAS IN SHOCK!! I thought it was a sick joke!
** To cut long story short**
He didn't want to take responsibly for room and told us to go elsewhere when we complained about it!
Other customers was asking what's happening and got involved saying that it was very disgusting of them to do such a thing.
They showed us to another room and tried to charge us extra....then finally showed us another room AGAIN!! Which seem ok,,,,,til we found one towel (dirty), open bar of soap, no hot water, no kettle and no light bulb. MADE ME SICK! AND WE LEFT TO FIND ANOTHER !!
I WOULDN'T LEAVE A STRAY DOG IN THERE FOR 2MINS!!

Room Tip: Save your self the time....find somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hero1EssexEngland
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We booked to stay at this hotel for a trip to London and the o2 arena, on arrival we were placed into an adjoining building which contained 4 flats, we stayed in flat 2, the place was absolutley disgusting and if you given this as your room I would avoid at all costs!

There was 1 bath towel per couple, 1 tea cup per room, 2 tv's but no remote, the bathrooms had an overpowering smell of sewage and was generally very unpleasant, it wad dirty, the decorating hadn't been finished, tiles were missing from the shower unit.

If you want a nice relaxing night this is not the place to stay, the sirens from the emergency vehicels went on all night, police, ambulance etc etc didn't stop until 5am and then it only stopped for 10 minutes!! No sleep at all!!

To top it off after having no sleep i thought a quick shower to freshen me up........but NO hot water, so we left.

I would avoid this hotel at all costs, it may be cheap but for the sake of an extra £20 I would definitely stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family