“Avoid at all costs!!”

Ranked #946 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Dorset
“Avoid at all costs!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We booked to stay at this hotel for a trip to London and the o2 arena, on arrival we were placed into an adjoining building which contained 4 flats, we stayed in flat 2, the place was absolutley disgusting and if you given this as your room I would avoid at all costs!

There was 1 bath towel per couple, 1 tea cup per room, 2 tv's but no remote, the bathrooms had an overpowering smell of sewage and was generally very unpleasant, it wad dirty, the decorating hadn't been finished, tiles were missing from the shower unit.

If you want a nice relaxing night this is not the place to stay, the sirens from the emergency vehicels went on all night, police, ambulance etc etc didn't stop until 5am and then it only stopped for 10 minutes!! No sleep at all!!

To top it off after having no sleep i thought a quick shower to freshen me up........but NO hot water, so we left.

I would avoid this hotel at all costs, it may be cheap but for the sake of an extra £20 I would definitely stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kims2701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Booked a double room, however when i turned up and the receptionist noticed there would be two girls in one bed he then asked if we wanted a twin room. This was understandable to an extent, but we politely asked if we could keep what we booked. He then looked down and said 'actually we have a shortage of double rooms'. After asking why we could book that room, we were then told the booking didnt reach them ?? This was a blatant lie as he got our details straight away. Next he said his preferance was two girls and two boys go in twin rooms. We said okay, we will have the twin. This was then retracted and the excuse was the shortage of double beds again. We were put into a twin, and as we left to go out we were asked if the room was okay, and would we want a double ??? After much deliberation, it was clear that this was the fact that two girls were sharing the room.
The room was freezing, and even after asking someone to check our radiators nothing was done, the bathroom smelled of sewers, and the shower constantly bubbled. (Neither of us had a shower. )
The Breakfast area was very clean, and tidy, and the waitress was very helpful, and work conscious. The breakfast was simple, yet set you up for the day. No faults there.
Free parking, which was handy, and excellent.
Quite far from tube !!
Felt prejudice whilst staying at the hotel, in this day and age this shouldnt be happening !! We would of rather the receptionist was truthful !!!!
Never again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank speedtigger

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2011

working on westfield stayed 12 months with work all summer got bit by fleas and winter bed bugs and rats in rooms one of are workers got bit so bad he needed doctors myself was bit i told the staff wast of time not understand i reported them to the food was not good eggs rock hard and room was flooded a lot of times toilet overflowing and showers above leaking never again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank weldeman
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Now look guys, I never write hotel reviews online, but I feel I have to duty to let everyone how this hotel kindda cheats you for your money. I paid 55 pounds for a twin room which I booked for myself for one nights stay. Upon arrival they requestd me to go for a double room since I was alone. I agreed on good faith. But they put me in the worlds worst possible room. It had a window adjecent to the laundry room, it smelled like crap and there was no air circulation. When I told them that I didnt like the room and wanted my original room back, they refused to change my room. I couldnt stay in the room as I was having problems breathing so I went out immediately after taking a shower. Then I had to sleep over at a friends house because I couldnt breath inside the room. It was the WORST ever room I stayed in.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Hirok_Dhaka
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2010

On arrival at the hotel the entrance area looked reasonable enough but after being shown to our room we were really disappointed. The room was tiny and housed a double bed pushed upgainst the wall, a wardrobe, small chest of drawers and bedside cabinet with missing handles. We were unable to make ourselves a drink due to the state of the inside of the kettle. The room was hot and stuffy with only a very small window The room was ensuite and the bathroom looked relatively new but on turning on the shower both hot and cold taps produced scalding water which prevented us from using the facilities. We requested another room but was told there were no rooms available. As we had booked two nights we decided only to stay the one and cancel the second night. The hotel refused to refund us for the second night even though we had given them 24 hours notice (as indicated on their website). We decided to get out of the hotel at the earliest opportunity and left the following morning without even having breakfast which we were also charged for. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was an awful experience and the hotel website did not truly reflect the hotel. Another downside was the hotel was opposite the local police station and you can imagine the amount of noise generated everytime a police car left the station with sirens blaring out throughout the night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank joseph06
The Hague
Reviewed October 15, 2009

After searching quite a while to find an hotel for my stay at the Excel Center I've found this hotel.

Plus:
Direct connection to Excel Center (bus 325),
trainstation nearby (Forest gate),
night busses nearby
Prices are reonable
staff is OK
(English) breakfast is OK
Room was reasonable clean
Roomsize was not big, but big enough
(private) bathroom was small, shower not easy to handle, but it always worked
They're still working on this hotel, but the staff informed us accordingly, offering us a different room when needed so.

To be improved:
Neighbourhoud
noise of the street
a better plumber would be advisable for the hotel...

In short: I would absolutely recommand this hotel if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel to stay in London for a couple of days.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank sionees
london
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Rooms looked clean and so did the linen and towels, but while we were relaxing watching TV at about 11:30pm, the bed bugs started to appear. Left the hotel immediately, utterly repulsive... was refused a refund and offered another room...how could we stay at the same place, had to sleep on a friend living room floor that night...still have the bites to show... DISGUSTING.... DON'T GO THERE!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple