“Nice place to stop and eat lunch!”
Review of 21 Covent Garden - CLOSED

21 Covent Garden
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Set within the cosmopolitan Covent Garden, 21 Covent Garden in London offers modern Italian cuisine. Dishes include rich, flaky sea bass cooked in a paper bag, together with tender rib eye steak served with truffle butter. An authentic, vaulted restaurant occupies the lower floor, whilst a fully-heated terrace overlooks the iconic Covent Garden Piazza. The sprawling Print Room plays host to weekly headline DJs, and houses a well-stocked bar which serves a range of cooling cocktails.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stop and eat lunch!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

While in Covent Garden there are plenty of place for for lunch but I decide to go for 21, we sat outside which was very pleasant with the heaters on, order 2 pizzas and a bottle of win all of which was very good. The pizzas were well made the service was good and done with a smile and with a great view of everything going on around Covent Garden, so I would defiantly recommend this restaurant if you struggling to choose where to stop for lunch.

Visited March 2014

Derby
“Very good”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

A friend of my colleagues recommended this place and must admit I was skeptical as I often find restaurants in the centre of London disappointing and overpriced. The restaurant was cute in a cellar setting, although lighting was a bit dim so could barely see what I was eating. I had the mushroom and truffle risotto to start, and it was spot on, with different types of mushrooms instead of the standard one variation. I then had the monk fish for main, it was a risky choice for me as I don't usually enjoy fish, but was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it! Service was fairly quick and staff seemed friendly, and bought us complimentary water straight away. Slightly overpriced, but can't expect a lot less for Central London. Overall good experience.

“Outstanding! ”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here for her 18th birthday meal. We've been to Rome and both agree the food is on par! We were lucky enough to spend the whole experience in the secret room with built in fish tank. Honest to god excellent service and food, with my girlfriend receiving a 'happy birthday song' without the restaurant knowing (they checked our id). Truly brilliant!

Amy F, Manager at 21 Covent Garden, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi Joe, so happy you had a good time and the other half enjoyed her birthday :) hope to see you back again soon. 21 x
London, UK
“Typical for central London”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went to 21 after a performance and had the post-theatre menu, which at £16.95 for two courses and a glass of watered-down prosecco is a very good meal indeed. Atmospheric, cave-like place with candlelight - would be a good for a date on a budget. We did have to hover awkwardly in the small entrance for several minutes until one of the waitstaff noticed us, but thereafter service was quite attentive. Everyone enjoyed their meals, except for me - my monkfish was SO outrageously salty that I thought it surely had to be an accident. No chef would taste that and send it out, so I barely touched it. However, my crostini starter was simple but flavourful, and my husband enjoyed his wild board tortelloni and starter and chicken/pancetta meatball main (I had a couple of bites and the meatballs were very addictive). Profiterole dessert was massive - definitely a dish for sharing.

I've given this place a 3-star because I found it average in terms of price and quality, but I would still return for a decent meal in a nice-looking spot.

• Visited March 2014
Amy F, Manager at 21 Covent Garden, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi, thanks for your feedback, we always want to hear what customers think and we're glad you enjoyed most aspects of your experience at 21. I'd like to apologise for the over-saltiness of the monkfish, we've tasted it today and the chef agrees that the batch is not balanced properly in terms of seasoning - we would have replaced it for you straight away with something else. We've rectified the problem now and all future monkfish will be seasoned to perfection! Hopefully you'll come back and give it another try. (Especially as we think it would be a tragedy to water down Prosecco and never ever do it!) Hope to see you soon. 21 x
Durham, Uk
“Great find, lovely Italian food”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ate both indoors and outdoors over the weekend. Outdoors overlooks the street entertainment within Covent Garden and is covered with canopies and heaters. Food great in both locations. Indoors is a very lovely area with various small booths and tables all over in a sort of old underground store.

Visited March 2014