“Easy family dining”

Franco Manca Balham
Reserve with OpenTable
Franco Manca Balham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,979 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited as a party of four on a Saturday lunchtime. Being around 1.30pm we maybe missed the rush and didn't have to wait for a table. Straightforward menu makes choosing easy and the food was served quickly. The waiter courteously checked our order when he thought we'd only asked for 3 pizzas instead of one each which I was glad of! There's also a good selection of drinks and they serve a good espresso. All in all, an easy place to go with the family. Relaxed atmosphere and fast service at a good price. Bottles of filtered water and glasses provided to the table for free which were much appreciated. There is no dessert menu as such, which probably helps maintain a fairly fast turn around in peak times and there was ice cream if we'd wanted it. The only downside of this branch, for me, was that we were crammed in quite tightly and with lots of staff working (a good thing) it was tricky to negotiate a path to the toilets!

1  Thank mrsspikes

Reviewed February 16, 2014

at last we walked by and there were tables free. I refuse to queue for a restaurant.
We had a small plate of cheese and salami to start a pizza each and a bottle of wine. Total cost £33.
They are about as cheap a place as you can eat and the pizzas are very good. Wine was great.
If a table was available then I would definitely go back.

1  Thank negreen21
Reviewed February 7, 2014

A great pizza at a great price and a great atmosphere. Quick food and no fuss service from an attentive team. Definitely worth the wait after a small queue.

1  Thank Quoff
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Ok it's a chain, but what does it matter? Franco Manca offers delicious pizza at affordable prices and when I say delicious, I mean delicious by Italian standards. Even Italians must admit that this is the sort of pizza that in Italy would be considered better than just standard fare. This location is buzzing and perfect for a pizza with friends or family. Tends to get fairly busy in the weekends, so get there early. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive. What more could one ask for?

1  Thank manatiku
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I visited Franco Manca on Wednesday night with a friend - it's the third time I have been and would defintiely go back.

It's often busy, but as they don't book, you usually don't have to wait long - we got a table straight away.

The staff are friendly and attentive, it was warm and bright and had a nice cosy atmosphere, quite buzzy but relaxed. T

heir menu is simple and I think the pizzas are an incredible bargain at around £6-7 each. They are also delicious - thanks to their amazing sour dough and great Neapolitan wood-fired oven. Even the bits of dough without topping are yummy! I have had starters and puddings on previous occasions - all were consistently good with great service.

1  Thank gemlefab