“Amazing Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Franco Manca Balham
Ranked #1,102 of 22,217 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Amazing Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

One of the best pizzas which you can eat in London, fresh ingredients, amazing atmosphere, staffs helpful and very busy venue

1 Thank rolschelela

• Polish first
London
“My favourite pizza place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Having known about Franco Manca from Brixton I was very pleased to hear they were opening a restaurant in Balham. The pizzas are simple but delicious, service is quick, the staff friendly and the value outstanding.

Franco Manca Is quite simply my favourite pizza restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bellsey01
London, United Kingdom
“Ninja turtles would kill for this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Ok so we arrived at Franco Manca at around 8.00 to find a que outside the door. This place must be good at first thoughts. Pizza bread wine and beer was given to us to keeo us happy. The wait wasnt long and deffinatly worth it as the pizza is possibly the best in london. Infact it probably is. Staff were curtious and friendly, cracking jokes to one another made us feel this place feel home. Even from first experiace. See you soon Franco!

1 Thank Alawi25
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best neapolitan style pizzas in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

If you like neapolitan pizza AND sourdough flour taste, don't go anywhere else. I also love the (few) starters they offer, mostly based on excellent Italian produce.
NB: just to avoid frustration - Do expect to queue, to eat in a packed place and basic but friendly service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank andrea051
“Bad experience from start to finish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Took my wife to have lunch at the Balham branch today. We've been past the restaurant a few times but it always seem to be quite busy so we went just after lunchtime around 4ish there was no queue and the restaurant didn't seem busy. We were quite shocked how bad the service was we were seated not to far from the entrance just behind a small wall it seems this was not a good table as it seemed we were forgotten about we saw people come in after us and they had their orders taken while we were waiting for someone to take our order it felt like 30mins before anyone came with any food (starters) I looked around the place it was not that busy I couldn't understand the delay? There was enough staff. When the staters did come we were given no plates? Took forever for them to clear the table and when they did and I mentioned the no plates (which the table next to us got and had their table cleared before us even though we arrived a good 10mins before them and they were four of them too) we had no apology. Also they failed to see the water had finished (we spent most of the time drinking the water waiting for food) and never asked if we wanted more? Then the pizza order came in wrong so my wife's pizza was returned to the kitchen while I ate alone while my wife watched waiting for her correct order. (which they also tried to charge us for! the correct order was cheaper) we had to point this out at the end when the bill came. To be honest the whole experience was bad and very unprofessional! Because we were sat by the entrance my wife asked if the door could be shut as she was feeling a bit cold but we were told that the door could not be shut I asked to be moved further into the restaurant but no effort was made to make us comfortable (I could see tables available) Shocking service very disappointed overall.

• 3 of 5 bubbles