“Great ice cream, fantastic cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Vanilla - CLOSED

Black Vanilla
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Description: At Black Vanilla we focus our passion and creativity to create our multi award winning, handcrafted gelato and sorbetto using the finest, fresh ingredients. Our dedicated team of chefs bring obsession and a wealth of experience to every spoonful, something evident from the first taste.
London, United Kingdom
“Great ice cream, fantastic cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good idea - Ice cream parlour by day, cocktail bar by night. I've had delicious ice cream here a few times but never been around in the evening for cocktails until last night. We had some really interesting cocktails with some unusual flavours, a Ginjito was the favourite.
It's a small but cosy venue - easy to miss as you pass by (it feels like you're walking into someone's house) but well worth seeking out.

• Visited September 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic ice cream selection ...have a Sundae (to take away)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having had a lovely healthy picnic in Greenwich Park, we decided to treat ourselves...and what a treat it turned out to be!
Having wrestled over the best option, my other half and I plumped for a take away Sundae each (saving ourselves about £5 on eating in!). We were allowed to sample a few of the flavours before making a choice.
My other half went for Salted Caramel and Apple Pie, with Cherry and Caramel sauces, with marshmallows. The level of details employed is amazing as they don't just pour the sauces into the cup, they then spread them round so you get flavour all the way through. I went for Marzipan and Tiramisu with Cherry and Passion Fruit sauces, chocolate nibs and marshmallows (Ha ha, I got 2 toppings!).
All I can say is that the level of detail and care that goes into making them, is worth the money alone...but of course the ice cream is the star and that is in abundance here. The flavours are wonderful, and I was really impressed with the sauces too.
All in all, a cracking ice cream parlour and well worth popping into if you're nearby, on a hot (or even a relatively warm) day!

• Visited September 2013