“After-Pub Late Night Destination for Gamblers”

The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London
Ranked #590 of 1,718 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Grosvenor Casino The Victoria (affectionately known as 'The Vic') sits in the heart of London, on the Edgware Road and is one of the largest, longest established casinos in the UK. The Vic offers the ultimate leisure experience with an excellent restaurant, 2 bars, casino gaming and Poker room. Our busy gaming floor offers the ultimate gaming experience with numerous gaming tables, slot machines and electronic gaming to suit every taste. We're open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are within walking distance of Marble Arch and Edgware Road stations.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Been to this Casino twice in 2013, can't say that I'm quite proud of either experience. This place serves as a convenient stop after the pubs have closed up shop.

Free to join (and why would I pay anyways?), I've found myself playing poker with a motley looking group of people till 8am. Definitely not the tourist side of London.

Staff was quite friendly at the poker tables. Luckily the two times I've played there was good chat in the room, and not too many SERIOUS poker players. Barclays ATM near, so you can take out cash beforehand.

Fantastic kebab food restaurants around the area as well.

1  Thank Ben W
Vicki P, Public Relations Manager at The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Ben W,
Thank-you for your review in January, all our customers reviews are important to us. We have now finished our major refurbishment which was taking place during 2013 and every thing is now starting to settle down in the casino.
We are sorry you felt that it wasn't a great destination for poker and will take onboard your feedback.
We would love for you to visit if you are in the UK again to see the difference now the refurbishment has finished.
Please feel free to contact me on your next visit on 020 7298 2432 or vic.marketing@rank.com

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Visited this casino as have recently got into Poker. It was not a great experience. It has a regular clientele who are very protective of each other. I understand now that this is because they like to keep the chips moving amongst themselves. If a newcomer wins they might not get a chance to win the chips back.
I have since learned that the top players no longer play here as it is now considered a graveyard for failed gamblers.
If you check out their so called 'resident professional's' profile (KW) on Hendon mob you'll see that he has won zilch worth mentioning in the professional poker world. He even lost to a journalist who rightfully questioned the whole validity of the claim that poker is more skill than luck. What a joke.
Who are the management at this place? Time for some fresh blood both on and off the table. AVOID.

6  Thank casinoreview
Reviewed November 8, 2013

average casino notting special ..ok ok types... there are many many casino's all over london, victoria is one home to alot of ammtures playing or coming to have cheap food.. anyone can come in with a photo id or join for free, the decor is also not that great,. I would rate it Average

Dear Roxywads,
Thank-you for taking the time to review our venue. We have now finished our major refurbishment of both floors and would love to show you round next time you are in London. Please contact me when you are thinking of visiting next on 020 7298 2432 or vic.marketing@rank.com
I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am not a Gambler but went for the experience. Have been to the Westcliff Casino Essex so expected this venue to be very luxurious and in that respect it was very disappointing. However, the staff were excellent and as you would expect instantly reconized that we were new to the experience and treated us with respect and explained how we could loose our money!!! Not all of us did so - result. We had a very reasonably priced meal and wine and it made for a great evening and a bit of an eye opener as to how much money changes hands and to the young participants.
I would go again as the food was good you dont have to spend a fortune. Remember photo id and you can join on the night for free

Dear Aisy30,
Thank-you for your review last year. I just wanted to make you aware that we have now finished our massive refurbishment of both floors and we would love for you to visit us again next time you are in London, i think you will be surprised at the changes we have made.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank-you for the great feedback you gave on our staff, we strive to make sure that our customers get the best customer service and are made to feel welcome.
Please contact me next time you are in London. My direct number is 020 7298 2432 or on vic.marketing@rank.com

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I visited a lots of casino but thought Victoria will be the best bit it is not. They need to improve more. Service is bit poor but other things is OK. may be i will go back.

3  Thank gabor m

Dear Gabor M,
Thank-you for your review last year on our venue. We have now finished a massive refurbishment of both floors and it has changed so much since your last visit, we would be happy to show you round the venue next time you are in London.
Please contact me when you would like to visit on 020 7298 2432 or vic.marketing@rank.com