“Amazing food!”
Review of Whyte and Brown

Whyte and Brown
Ranked #876 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Bar, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: British Free-Range Chicken
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My fiancé and I were told to visit Whyte & Brown by friends and we were not disappointed. From the moment we stepped through the door, the service was superb and we were really well looked after, thanks to Eduardo and the team. The decor is clean, bright and welcoming. Very tasteful and easy on the eye. so much choice on the menu so took us quite a while to order as it all looked so lovely. I eventually decided on the Harissa Hot Wings and the Pollo Porro Spaghetti...both sublime! The wings are hot but I loved the heat and the caramelised oranges were a nice contrast. My main course was equally as tasty, cooked to perfection, beautiful carbonara sauce and tasty leak and chicken balls with a light dusting of Parmesan. We could not resist the twice cooked chips with a garlic mayonnaise dip. Beyond Eton Mess with gorgeous berries, lemon cream and popping candy..did not want it to end (sorry I shared). When you go make sure you order a white wine spritzer...best spritzer EVER! In summary we had a fabulous meal and it was good wholesome food and everything on the menu looked enticing. Definitely be telling my friends and we will be paying Whyte & Brown a return visit very soon.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“The best eat out meal I have tasted in years, truly memorable and the best service to match the fantastic meal.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Started with the Bankok Scotch egg, for main I had the chicken souvlaki and desert was the trifle. We sat with friends and no one fork stayed on the plate, which opened up to an out and out tasting session. The decour was fantastic, and a trip to the loos is a must. The food and service was exceptional but the biggest treat was the price....OMG!!! For location, taste and presentation I can't stop raving about the fantastic value for money.

London, United Kingdom
“Chicken cooked better than I have ever tasted before!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Fantastic food and great service in a lovely courtyard setting just off Regent Street and in Soho. Excellent succulent beautifully cooked dishes - sublime. Will be back soon!

• Visited September 2013
“Lovely Chicken, Lovely Service!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This meal was lovely! Both me and my boyfriend had the 'Brick Chicken', which was absolutely delicious! I would really recommend anyone to come to this restaurant, not only because of the food but because of the great service. As it was a lovely day sitting in the garden square was wonderful, as it had a great atmosphere. Couldn't fault this restaurant, really reasonable pricing too!

• Visited August 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Kingly Chicken”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As someone who loves restaurants but doesn't like much in the way of seafood or fish, I often find myself choosing the chicken dishes and feeling somewhat of a philistine in the process. So when my wife and I happened upon this place I embraced it with open arms. To call it an upmarket Nandos would be doing it s huge disservice but the two do have one thing in common, a chicken centric menu. But this place had a far more imaginative, not to mention culinarily sophisticated set of dishes on offer.

We shared the chicken and rice balls appetiser (crispy and delicious) and olive selection (three different varieties, each with their own distinct marinade). I then had the pulled chicken in a bap (sweet, smokey and very tasty) and my wife had the chicken burger. The fries were thin and almost little shards rather than full length length shoestring style.

The service was very friendly. The decor is in line with current trends of metal and visible-filament lighting akin to giant light bulbs.

We sat upstairs as it was full downstairs, which was perhaps a little less atmospheric than downstairs or out in the courtyard, but that said it was fine.

• Visited August 2013