We stayed at the Courthouse for six nights. It is a lovely hotel and I would highly recommend the location. The hotel is very attractive and the staff is very nice and willing to help with anything. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was great. The pool and the spa were also very attractive and the staff is so warm that there is no feeling of pretentiousness that some spas have. The continental breakfast was adequate. The only unfortunate part of this hotel is the noise. I have stayed in numerous city hotels so I wasn't expecting it to be quiet. I am fine with street noises, trucks and the typical siren activity. This was different. We had a room on the first floor overlooking the alley. There was the booming noise from nightclubs until 3-4 a.m. and once they closed the trash pick up and noise from deliveries began. It was very difficult for us to sleep. If you stay at this hotel - do not accept a room on a lower floor particularly if it is on the alley side. It is impossible even for a heavy sleeper to sleep through the noise. The last night I was so bad (a Wednesday night) that I was barely able to close my eyes. I gave this feedback to the hotel manager who basically dismissed it as typical city noise that I should have expected. I asked that they adjust my bill to provide some relief for the inconvenience particulalry because I had made the reservation and paid in full four months prior to our stay. The manager told me he would get back to me but I never heard back from anyone. Too bad, it left me feeling not so happy with the experience. I would recommend this hotel with reservation. If you choose to stay here, check out the room location carefully before accepting it and if your room is noisy the first night, demand that they change the room. It won't get better as the week progresses!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courthouse hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel ideally located in bustling Central London. Our hotel is situated where stylish Mayfair, fashionable Soho and the West End meet and is within walking distance of London's finest shopping streets, tourist attractions and theatreland. A stone's throw away from the famous Liberty London department store, this contemporary design hotel is situated in an old Grade II Listed Magistrates Court, retaining much of its original historical features but with a modern twist. With 116 spacious bedrooms & suites, a trendy cocktail bar, award winning restaurants, gorgeous spa, fitness centre and divine roof terrace, Courthouse Hotel is renowned for intuitive service and comprehensive facilities. Our West End restaurants and bar offer an English buffet breakfast, lunch in our brasserie, a dining experience in Silk which draws on historical references and cocktails created by our Mixologist in the bar. In the summer, exclusively book and enjoy a private BBQ on our roof terrace with views of the London skyline. To complete the full experience, Sanook Spa has all the facilities to help you relax, revitalize and refresh after a busy shopping trip or high-powered meeting. Courthouse Hotel offers a variety of meeting and party rooms for both social & business events. Make your special occasion truly unforgettable at the unique Courthouse Hotel London, where style meets sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courthouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel Courthouse
- Courthouse Hotel London, England