“awesome hotel in a convenient location”
Review of Courthouse Hotel

Courthouse Hotel
Ranked #682 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This hotel lives up to its ratings. The lobby and rooms were clean and modern and the hotel is located very close to the tube for easy transportation. The service was absolutely top notch. The concierge helped me and my wife with travel plans, directions, and restaurant recommendations. Overall probably the most helpful concierge we've ever encountered.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,582)

Reviewed June 2, 2010

The rooms are larger than any other that I have seen anywhere in Soho. Clean, comfortable bed and WC. Close to everything you would want in central London - shopping, transportation, entertainment and relaxation. Would definitely stay there again when my business brings me to London. The only negative was that my room faced the interior of the building so no view other than a wall 2M away. Did not affect my stay as I only slept in my room! If you are looking for a Soho hotel with large rooms and a great location, choose this one!.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

As a present for myself I was in London for 4 days at the beginning of May. In Hilton's January Sales I had booked my room at the Courthouse Doubletree. On arrival my room was not ready yet (I was very early), but I was able to check in and get things sorted. My suitcase was kept and I went into to London.
After a few hours I returned and my room was ready.

The room itself was great. Nice and roomy (I had the queen bed guestroom), and very clean.

My three nights at the hotel were a perfect accompaniement to a wonderful weekend in London.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I stayed here on my own for 1 night while my husband was busy elsewhere on business and then he joined me for one night. I have rated this hotel as "very good" overall but I found that it had some really good things and some not-so-good things about it. As for the good things, I liked the very spacious room with a really comfortable king bed and nice and quiet for sleeping. It was a great place to get over jet lag. It was nice and clean except for the carpet which was looking pretty worn out. I can't say enough about the staff. They were incredibly professional, friendly, and helpful. The concierges went out of their way to be helpful. And the location is perfect for shopping and getting on the tube to go sightseeing. Also, we sent our clothes to the laundry and the service was excellent. Came back on time and beautifully packaged.
As for the negatives, I couldn't figure out the odd decor of the lobby - I'd call it "retro chic with splashes of East Indian". I was looking forward to the transition from an old courthouse but the only evidence I noticed was the bars in the hotel bar but overall the bar looked quite dingy and dark and not very comfortable furniture. My girlfriend and I went there for a drink after the theatre and found it very dull. Even the bartender had no personality and didn't talk to us at all even though we were sitting at the bar. I chose this hotel because of the pool, hot tub, fitness room and spa but I thought they were quite disappointing. The "fitness room" is a small room with no windows and about 6 machines jammed in there. The pool is a room filled with shallow water (no deck) and looks more like a splash pool for the spa. I don't think you could swim laps in there very easily. The spa looked quite dull too and didn't appeal to me. So I didn't use any of these facilities. We spent our time out sightseeing and shopping and enjoyed the convenient location for this. I'm not sure if I would stay here again. I'd look around and see what else is available and probably pay more for more facilities. But I would recommend it to a friend if they want a place in this price range and aren't depending on the extra facilities.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank h0lym0ly
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights with a friend for a treat, all the way from the north of Scotland. It's location was perfect. It couldn't be more central and it was a minute from Oxford Circus tube station. The hotel itself was very luxourious. It had a lovely reception with shell chairs and a really nice bar and breakfast room - very quirky as the building was a former courthouse and going though the bars to go into the bar was a treat. The room itself was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. The beds were so comfy, we hardly moved all night - would have liked to have taken the bed home with me! The staff were so friendly. The receptionist was really nice and we received our hot cookies! We had to ask for taxis on occasion and the staff were on the ball and directly us into the taxis each time. Breakfast was a lovely buffet and we were served the best cup of tea we've had in ages. Although the hotel is more on the expensive side I would say it was worth it - couldn't fault it and would love to have the change to go back and stay here again some time - can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at the weekend. Having tickets for the London Palladium we wanted a hotel neraby and you can't get closer than this. As previous reviewers have said, this hotel is in a great position just off Oxford Circus and opposite Carnaby Street. The room was spacious and comfortable and being situated on the side of the hotel, was very quiet. Unusual not to have tea making facilities in the room, but perhaps being so central they think it's not necessary. The hotel bar situated at the rear of the reception is a bit drab and attracts a young crowd of non residents, but lacks atmosphere. On the Sunday evening we returned from the Palladium at 10.40pm to get a drink only to find the bar had already closed, even though it was advertised as being open until 11pm. Our break included breakfast but for those who choose room only then the £20+ charged seems rather excessive. All of the staff that we met were very helpful and friendly. I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Visiting London on business and liked this hotel. At the top of carnaby street you could not quibble with its location and is well suited to those that are in London to shop, eat, drink or do business in the west end. There was a confusion over our reservation when we arrived but this was quickly rectified. The pool area was deserted and not large but was big enough for a quick dip. Roof top bar not open during our visit but the bar and restaurant that were seemed fine. Breakfast was fine, nothing to write home about but not poor etiher. Room was again comfortable and pleasant but not spectacular. Given the quality of the staff and location I'd stay again, but if you were planning on spending a long time in your hotel this would not be the one to do it in.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business