“good location, nice hotel...room not that great”
Review of Courthouse Hotel

Courthouse Hotel
Ranked #588 of 1,067 Hotels in London
aberdeen
“good location, nice hotel...room not that great”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

The couthouse is right in front of Carnaby Street, and excellent location for shopping in Oxford Road.

The bar area is unique as it has booths that were the old Magistrates court cells. The breakfast area is the Waiting area and court areas.

The Room was not that great, despite asking for Non-Smoking, we seemed to have ended up in a smoking floor , which was a bad start.

The Room carpet was heavily stained, the window had a damaged rope and as such difficult to open (Safety issue!). The bathroom has a frosted window between there and the bedroom, which at night if you put the bathroom light on, you will shine light on whoever is sleeping and wake them.

Spa was a bit of a let down, could only manage one person at a time, so when re-booked for the Saturday the person in the Spa turned up 20 Mins late!

Staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. Would I stay here again? probably not as I feel there are better hotels in London for that price that the rooms are a lot cleaner

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank alanatabz
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stay in overall and I will share your comments with my team.

I do appreciate your positive comments on the friendliness and efficiency of our staff. My team will certainly be encourage by your feedback.

In regards to the challenges you've experienced with your room and the carpet, please be reassure that I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper order to look at the shortfall in the service and retrain some member of our team. Please note as well that the crème color carpet is part of our cleaning schedule however we will reinforce that in order to avoid reoccurrence of this problem

In regards to the Spa, thank you for your feedback as I will investigate this a bit further.
We usually take 2 bookings at the same time all depending on the therapist schedule and bookings. If the treatments are booked well in advance we can surely do 2 treatments at the same time.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you back soon at the Courthouse Doubletree by Hilton

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ghent, belgium
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Located at the end of Carnaby Street, a few steps away from Regent Street, the perfect hotel to explore London and 5 stars at a reasonable price. When we arrived the hotel gave us a room next to the elevator, but since we didn't like it too much they immediately gave us an other room, which we really appreciated. The room was big (certainly for London standards) and really quiet. Since we had a 12-year old with us we had a roll-away bed in the room, but it didn't bother us. Breakfast was OK, but on the small side. The spa with swimming-pool was nice after a long day in London shops. But the best of the hotel is it's location! You step out the door right into Carnaby Street and Regent Street, it takes you a 10 minutes walk to arrive at the West-End theatres. We booked a musical through the hotel and our seats where great. The staff tried to do every effort needed to make your stay a perfect one.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2009

I'm glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with my team.

I do appreciate your positive comments on the quality of the room, the breakfast and the service you’ve received. My team will certainly be encourage by your feedaback.

omaha, ne
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We were very pleased with the great location of this hotel. We had never been to this part of London and did not know the area. It was just right with the hotel being in the middle of all the excitment. Everyone at the hotel were very helpful in giving us directions and maps to The Tube and places of interests . We were also given a very attractive suite that was very quiet. We appreciated that especially after a long day of sightseeing. Hilton Doubletree also offers a great continental breakfast in a lovely decorated room. A nice touch in the lobby were the fresh apples for the taking. The lobby was also decorated very nice with modern touches. We definately will stay again at this fun and well taken care of Hilton Doubletree .We enjoy staying at Hilton properties.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ojtopntai
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments in relation to your stay with us and we are delighted that you have recognised our staffs for the outstanding customer service you received during your stay . Your comments have been passed to the relevant departments as I know they will be encouraged by your remarks.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton in the near future

Stabilo
Reviewed November 16, 2009

My partner and I love to travel. And make it a point to try different hotels especially the Hilton, Hyatt and the Marriott. This hotel has got to be the second best hotel after Mauritius Hilton Resort and Spa so far.
Hilton Honours points paid for our stay at this beautiful hotel. We arrived quite early and obviously before check in time. We asked the concierge if we could leave our bag as we didnt want to lug it around all day. He suggested kindly we try and check in early in case our room might be ready. The lady at the reception desk was very friendly, greeted us with a smile, good news that we could check in and 2 warm cookies! *bliss*
We went up to our room, and was not expecting it to be so modern and ... classy. Especially after having stayed at 11 other Hilton hotels across the uk - which are a disgrace.
We left our bag and left for the day. We returned back later in the evening to be greeted by any staff we happened to pass with a smile. Needless to say our room and bathroom was very comfortable.
The pool issue was a little let down, as it closes at 7pm for security reasons. The area was not locked but we werent allowed to use it. It would have been nice to use the pool. But this is a very small issue and does not question the 5 stars this hotel has been given. We requested late check out, which enabled us to use the pool the next morning.
This hotel is very convinient, the tube station is close, and so are the food places, shops, etc.

We will deffinitely return to this one! Please take a moment to look through the pictures.

Thanks for reading.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CoachesStabilo
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2009
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor, I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay with us, you comments have been passed on to my team as I'm sure they will be encourage by your feedback!

I've taken note about your comments on the closing time of the pool however this is only due to security reason and i do hope you've enjoyed a swim on the day after.

Once again that you for staying with us and I hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future

galway
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Friends and i stayed last weekend, the location is amazing, near Regent/Oxford and Carnaby street. The entrance is niceish but a little cold. When checking in the receptionist gave us all a warm choclate chip cookie which is a lovely touch. The bedrooms are just about a four star, bare, no pictures on the wall and ours had filthy carpets, i complained to Reception but nothing was done about this, the girl however was apolagetic. The breakfasts were good and had a lovely selection. The staff were nice in particular our Conceriege, he was v friendly and we made sure we tipped him before we left. Overall we had a lovely stay but i would think you would have to pay more to get a nice bedroom

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

I do appreciate your positive comments on the breakfast and the service you’ve received by our concierge team. My team will certainly be encourage by your feedback.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel recently for a weekend break in London, but wanted something special, yet affordable. Being a converted courthouse gives the hotel an edge when it comes to quirky authenticity, and the location just off Carneby St / Oxford St / Regent St is perfect for access to shopping and decent restaurants. The staff were all also very attentive to individual requests and still seem to apply the "service with a smile" concept so many other hotels just don't get. This is definitely one of the better hotels in London and will see us again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel_realist
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor and for giving us constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton.

Thank you for your positive comments in relation to your stay with us and we are delighted that you have recognised our staffs for the outstanding customer service you received during your stay . Your comments have been passed to the relevant departments as I know they will be encouraged by your remarks.

Dublin
Reviewed November 5, 2009

We stayed here for a long weekend. Wonderful attention to detail. Spacious room. Warm swimming pool tucked away in the basement. Breakfast is a a treat here with Bircher's Muesli and all sorts of exotic options for little ones and grown ups alike to try.. Situated opposite Liberty's and around the corner from Hamley's Toy shop. The Doorman remembered our son from a trip 10 months before. We were very impressed. Looking forward to our next trip.
Around the corner from the Tube made this an ideal central location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank DublinStella
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2009