My wife received a voucher for Champagne Afternoon Tea at the Courthouse Hotel in London for one of her Mother's Day gifts.
Fortunately, it included me too and so, whilst in London we booked our table this week.
We had checked out the reviews of the hotel itself in advance and so knew that we were going to a very "grand" place for our treat. Our expectations were high that this was going to be a fantastic treat.
We were not, in any way disappointed. The ambience of the place reflected the history of the building's days as a real courthouse. With pictures of appearances in the court by various celebrities (?) such as Mick Jagger lending a little status to the place, we were interested in reading the newsy tit-bits of their reasons for attending.
The real purpose of our visit, the afternoon tea, did not disappoint in any way. Starting with a large, bubbly glass of champagne closely followed by a selection of finger sandwiches of our choice. Presented on a 3 tier cake stand with a fine selection of cakes,scones with clotted and cream and preserves. The choice of teas was ours from a large selection.
The staff were a credit to the hotel and were very attentive, making us feel very special.
My wife and I fully enjoyed her mother's day special treat.
Would have loved to have stayed overnight but with "budget bursting" prices, and my not being a middle east oil sheikh, it was not within my gift. Still, to round off a lovely day we stayed at the Oliver Plaza Hotel which was at a true Yorkshire man's price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courthouse hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel ideally located in bustling Central London. Our hotel is situated where stylish Mayfair, fashionable Soho and the West End meet and is within walking distance of London's finest shopping streets, tourist attractions and theatreland. A stone's throw away from the famous Liberty London department store, this contemporary design hotel is situated in an old Grade II Listed Magistrates Court, retaining much of its original historical features but with a modern twist. With 116 spacious bedrooms & suites, a trendy cocktail bar, award winning restaurants, gorgeous spa, fitness centre and divine roof terrace, Courthouse Hotel is renowned for intuitive service and comprehensive facilities. Our West End restaurants and bar offer an English buffet breakfast, lunch in our brasserie, a dining experience in Silk which draws on historical references and cocktails created by our Mixologist in the bar. In the summer, exclusively book and enjoy a private BBQ on our roof terrace with views of the London skyline. To complete the full experience, Sanook Spa has all the facilities to help you relax, revitalize and refresh after a busy shopping trip or high-powered meeting. Courthouse Hotel offers a variety of meeting and party rooms for both social & business events. Make your special occasion truly unforgettable at the unique Courthouse Hotel London, where style meets sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courthouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel Courthouse
- Courthouse Hotel London, England