“Quirky” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #574 of 1,087 Hotels in London
UK
“Quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Got off to a bad start by booking the wrong date by mistake on Lastminute. Tried to change the date. I was put through to Reservations who were unhelpful to the point of mild rudeness. I then asked for the General Manager who put everything right and couldn't have been more helpful. Rescued what could have been a bad review (It was, to be fair, my fault, but an honest mistake!). THe room was small but I have certainly had smaller and less pleasant rooms in 5* hotels. The price was good and the hotel itself was very nice. THe bar is wacky, and you can have a drink in one of the old cells in the courthouse. Interesting. I only ate breakfast which was OK but was principally a buffet. I am not terribly fond of breakfast buffets and I think a London 5* hotel should be able to do a good breakfast to order, not leave the egg & bacon to stew. OK but ot great. At least they will cook you fresh fried eggs to order. Overall a good hotel, very handily placed right opposite Liberty's. I will go again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quentin H, Front of House Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear RichardVUK,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am very happy we were able to overcome the reservation mishap and got you rebooked on the correct dates. Our Classic Double rooms are suitable for a shorter stay or single occupancy. The Courthouse Hotel has on offer, 4 larger room and suite categories these maybe a consideration for a future stay. Thank you for your feedback on the Bar and Breakfast, we have shared this with our team,

With our kindest regards,
Quentin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Courthouse in early March 2014 as we were going to Benares for dinner and I was looking for somewhere nearby. I booked a Superior Queen, as on LastMinute it was only an extra £20 on top of the basic double room. And I think it was worth it - the room was a decent size, with a huge comfortable bed, a massive TV and a really nice bathroom suite.

I guess the main thing about the hotel is the location - it is perfect, about 5 minutes from Oxford Circus tube, right next to Regent Street and at the end of Carnaby Street. If you're going to the west end, it's spot on.

We didn't try out all the hotel facilities, but the main bar was lovely - great cocktails, really good service and well priced for a London hotel. All the reception areas of the hotel were very well appointed, in fact.

I'll definitely book this hotel again when I need something around the West End, it's completely worth it for the standard of the hotel and the location. Price was around £200 a night.

Room Tip: The Queen room were were in (206) might have an issue with noise - the receptionist called us during...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul C,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular the Cocktails in The Bar. I do hope we may have the pleasure of your company once more.

With our kindest regards,
Quentin
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have traveled to London 3 times and I've stayed at the Courthouse Hotel They have always delivered what they promised. Great Stay, Friendly Service, Excellent location and an awesome time. The price was great- We stayed over for Valentine's day. It was lovely. They went beyond our expectations this time to make us happy. We will be back. Thumbs up to the whole staff (Specially front desk and our lovely housekeeping crew). We will be back.
Ronny C

1 Thank Akureview
Framlingham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

It is a feature of this hotel that they have preserved many features of its former use as a Magistrates Court. If you've been up before the beak for speeding (or worse) in the past it will give you the creeps. They even have the cells still as they were, as private areas in the bar. It aims for a fair amount of luxury, and up to a point succeeds, which it needs to because it is not cheap. Of the two restaurant I chose the fusion Asian restaurant (called silk or something like that). High quality pleasant service, and an amazing wine glass that I posted on Facebook, but there was too much fusion in the food. I chose Thai dish that was not really Thai. The breakfast was good. All the staff are very professional, helpful and attentive.

The location is very central, very close to Oxford Circus tube.

I might go back - not sure.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rupert T
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night as we were celebrating my wife's 70th birthday. Our room was very comfortable and of a good size, with everything one wanted or could wish for.

I had told the hotel in advance that it was my wife's birthday: soon after we arrived, there was a knock at the door and she was given a bottle of wine, a large slice of excellent birthday cake, a fruit basket and water on the house. A very ind gesture and much appreciated.

The only (small) downside was that we found it difficult to adjust the shower! Otherwise, we had a most enjoyable stay, would come again and certainly recommend the hotel, which is of course very well situated - another bonus.

1 Thank Simon E
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hello,,stayed at this hotel for valentines weekend,,,It was amazing had such a great time ,made so welcome the minute we arrived,,we booked to see dirty dancing at the Picadilly theatre the hotel is very close to all theatre,s also very close to Londons main attractions...the hotel as its own private cinema room that we booked it was very cosy we loved it,,,The only down fall to the hotel was the room service,,food great, service very good but the food was cold,,other than that all amazing the beds in the room are very nice you get a great night sleep..alan and keri hough ,,manchester

Room Tip: the breakfast is nice,,just the food cold if you order room service,,,we stayed in room 606 great ro...
3 Thank Alan H
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I visit London frequently and always stay at this hotel. The area is fantastic and close to all attractions that London has to offer.

The hotel is very clean and modern with good sized rooms I couldn't fault it in any way.

The staff are friendly and attentive and willing to go that extra mile, I highly recommend this hotel when visiting London. I keep coming back as feel welcome and comfortable here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business