“Pleasant and stylish. Fantastic location!”
Review of Courthouse Hotel

Courthouse Hotel
Ranked #629 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is in such a fantastic location. It's directly behind topshop on the otherside and at the exit of Carnaby. I stayed there over a weekend once purely to shop. The prices for the room was quite reasonable for the location and the room itself was decent size. The only thing was just that the furnishings was about British roadside hotel style.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious! Would recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Courthouse Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here with a group of work mates in mid November. My experience with the standard room was hellish. I had to change rooms three times until they begrudgingly upgraded me to a more expensive room which finally was livable.
The first room had a noisy mini-bar that you can hear only when you get into bed at night and it gets totally quiet. Drip... drip... drip... like a Nazi torture chamber! I called downstairs. A nice manager came up and unplugged the mini-bar... after which it strated uTp even louder! Now it's funny but it wasn;t then. I was tired from a long day's work and wanted to go to sleep!
Upon my request to remove the mini-bar out of the room the nice manager said it was against the rules. Ok. Next room!
The next room had the weirdest situation with running water - it kept changing from cold to hot on its own accord. I couldn;t imagine trying to take a shower in that. Next room!
The next room I was taken to was the most ugly and uncomfortable room probably in all the Hiltons of the world. I will not go into detail but just say it was up on the top floor. By that time I was miserable. I was prepared to take my suitcase and leave, just go out onto Great Marlborough street in no particular direction, in search of some other accomodation. The nice manager noticed me crying and frantically enagaged in a conversation with reception... until I was taken to a bigger nicer upgraded room with controllable water and a quiet mini-bar... I just wish they hadn't put me through that entire ordeal with the other rooms and just gave me a nicer room earlier...
In the morning my colleague complained about the water, too. But he's a guy and was ok with stepping under the shower when the water was cool and jumping back out when it got hot! Also, he said the temperature he set on his air con would go up in the night for no apparent reason, and the heat in the room woke him up at night...
Otherwise, breakfast was good, staff always nice and doing their best to help. I think if the hotel took care to maintain their equipment to the level of how good their staff is, this hotel could be nex to excellent.
My advice: don't unpack until you inspect everything in the room!

Room Tip: Be wary if given a room on the top floor. And check your running water too!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its location and because it is a Hilton property and I wanted to use Honors points. The location is superb. it is one block to the Oxford Circus tube station, half a blcok to Marks and Spencer dept store with an expansive food/grocery store for take out or eating in. Many restaurants of all sorts and pubs nearby. About 4 blocks to Soho section of the city. My room was spotless and very modern and roomy (#417) with no view but I wasn't seeking one. Nice and quiet. Hotel staff were all very friendly and as accommodating as they could be. They provided me with an early check-in which I had requested ahead of time and coffee while I waited half an hour for the room to be ready. Breakfast was excellent. The only problem I encountered was the internet service was unpredictable if using it wirelessly but fine as long as I used the cable connection in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel and it is especially well located for tourists. I did not use the spa or pool so cannot comment on that. Heat was fine and I was able to adjust it to a warmer temperature which I prefer in wintery London.

Room Tip: my room mentioned above was quiet, king size bed, roomy (American size rather than European size hot...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

In the centre of west end, great location for everything, hotel is good, staff very friendly, and helpful.
Rooms are good also, we only had breakfast their, but that was excellent, great selection.
Recommended for 3-4 days trip, not cheap but for London, very reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2012

SPA VISIT ONLY

My daughter booked a spa treatment birthday treat. It was wonderfully relaxing. We had a great massage by Cerys and Melissa who were kind and polite. The Spa is small and we were alone most of the time. The water in the pool is lovely and warm.
The only thing I missed was a bubble pool but I would recommend the massage highly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosalind D
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I got a 2 for 1 deal for afternoon tea at the Courthouse. I booked for four but due to one thing and another, rather than four going it ended up with 2 x sets of two with me going twice. It was pretty mediocre and the second visit showed no signs of improvement. It was £33 per pair. I cannot imagine paying £33 for this as a single person. The service was fine, although on the second visit it was somewhat over zealous and frankly, by the end of the visit, rather irritating. The sweet element of the tea overwhelms the savoury with only two finger sandwiches offered per person. The scones are weirdly bready and not like any scones I've ever had. They are not good. The rest of the patisserie is pretty poor and the cake tastes dry as if it's been cut hours before and been allowed to dry out over the day. Overall pretty poor, there are better options out there, but everyone seems to be jumping on the afternoon tea / bake off bandwagon at the moment so it's hard to know until you're sat down. I tried to post a similar review on Last Minute but for some reason that's not materialised. Wonder why...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights over Christmas. The hotel itself was quiet Christmas eve and Boxing day then got quite busy after that. The staff are very friendly and polite. We had a good deal through Gala Hotel rooms on a bed and breakfast rate. The standard bedroom was a very good size with good storage, comfy beds, plenty of mirrors. The only negative would be that the the water from the basin tap ran only hot, not cold. Good wide corridors, quick lifts, pleasant lounge area, nice bar, good quality breakfast. Our trip was purely for shopping and spending Christmas and Boxing day in central London, and the location of this hotel was spot on. Very easy access to most areas, 45 mins to Hyde Park, 20 mins to the Strand, 5 minutes to Picadilly Circus and China town, 1 minute to Regent Street, 2 seconds to Carnaby Street. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I believe I was given their standard twin room on the first floor, which was a very good size and qu...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family