“Location, location, location...”

Ranked #571 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Location, location, location...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

...of the Courthouse by Doubletree is so excellent that the hotel would have to be pretty crappy not to get good reviews! It is not however, in fact, the hotel staff are lovely, the beds are comfortable and the rooms spacious and modern in design. Downers? Perhaps the toiletries, but I am admittedly quite picky. Did not have time to try out the breakfast this time around, but during previous stays it has been fine - and don't forget the Double tree cookie at check in - and we have a winner!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at the Courthouse on saturday and have to say , loved it. People were friendly and really tried to help ( we had a problem with a taxi driver which the concierge kindly solved ) Rooms are big and the bed is great very compfy. We had tea on saturday afternoon and it could not have been better , good choice of sweet and enough to feed a family. friendly service and nice surroundings. I was a bit hesitant after seeing the comments of some people but now i wonder more if they been to the same place !!! in any case we loved it and would def come back.

Room Tip: we stayed in 412 , nice and spacious
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Warwickshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

12 of us went for tea and because of the size of our group, even booking in advance, we werent able to be served in the main room. Instead we were given a table on our own in what looked like a gents toilet but was I think the breakfast room. Around the room were stainless steel dishes with labels saying bacon, tomatoe etc. One of our group joked that they had to be left there to hide the urinals!

Tea was poor quailty - shop bought dried up cakes, two small sandwiches each and when we asked for more they looked askance and then took probably 20 mins to find some. We each got one small pot of tea and when we asked for more - Oliver like - the pots disappeared and then came back with more water but no extra tea bag (and of course everyone had someone elses pot - thankfully we are all friends)

One of the best things was the milk that we had to ask for and arrived in a bigger tea pot without a lid - certainly not classy.

The good thing was that if the tea had been just okay it would probably have been ignoreable - it was in some ways so bad it was very funny and had us giggling over it for hours and retelling the story the next day. the scones were okay (not great) so we were all well fed.

The rest of the hotel looked nice the learning is not to go for tea there in a biggish group unless you are looking for a giggle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WarwickshireMog

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Thanks to the Courthouse for another great stay, this is the second time I've been back and it won't be the last. Our room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. It was the biggest and most comfortable bed I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in! The service was brilliant, reception staff were incredibly helpful and professional and room service was spot on. We also had drinks in the bar on Saturday night, not very often you get to drink delicious cocktails in such unusually glamorous surroundings. Great hotel in a great location, you can't ask for more in central London. Fantastic!

1 Thank Explauragibb
Port Gentil, Gabon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Courthouse on a Saturday night. We had booked the "King Large Guestroom".
The room was perfect. The bedroom was large and warm with nice detail. The king size bed was very comfortable. The interactive TV was easy to use. Besides the bedroom there was a compact lounge area, with comfortable seating, table and television. The bathroom was quite grand and finished in marble. It looked and felt very luxurious. Everything was immaculate and we were very pleased.
The staff were great, on arrival and departure. We ordered room service (a late lunch) and we had to wait no time at all for it to arrive at our room.
We ate out that night and had breakfast in the Hotel the next day. The quality and selection of breakfast foods was very good indeed.
All in all, we will use the Courthouse again for our next visit to the center of London.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "King Large Guestroom" at the front of the Hotel.
1 Thank 1Curzon
Lincolnshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I won a 2 night stay here, and was looking forward to my luxury stay in the capital.
I must say, the people in the hotel were wonderful, and its location was brilliant - opposite Carnaby Street and Liberty's and within limping distance of Regents' Street and Oxford Street.. But the room!! So very glad I wasn't paying for it! I was on the top floor and I don't think the room had been updated for many, many years. Clean, I grant you, but one bedside lamp (so you've either got 10 or more ceiling lights on, or the ancient bedside lamp on - if you can find somewhere to plug it in) and I had to get the maintenance man in to get it working; a kettle that only works on the edge of the desk immediately in front of (and I do mean immediately) the TV, or among the floorlength curtains; a shower head at chest height (hint to management - if you're going to put a new shower head in, take the old one out while you're there and put the new one somewhere it'll be of use); damaged sink and cracked sink surround; TV reception was pathetic and mostly unwatchable; radio reception was almost worse. I was looking forward to a swim, but when I finally asked where the pool was, I didn't bother going - it was all just so uninviting. Breakfast was edible, depending on what you ate. As others have said - avoid the scrambled egg. I'd also add - find out when its hot and get in then - ours was lukewarm at best. I really would have expected Wifi either free or at least at a reasonable price, too. When we left, I told the staff what I thought of the room. They said they were sorry, they would pass my comments on and that was that. I find it difficult to believe anything would be done about any of the problems.
And I'm sorry, but a warmed cookie doesn't do it for me. Merely trendy. A cup of tea would have gone down much better. In fact, I forgot the cookie while I was trying to find somewhere to plug in the kettle and didn't eat the cookie until the next morning, when I was trying to clear my mouth of the strange aftertaste from breakfast.

Room Tip: Lower floors and non-smoking may be better, but I'm only guessing.............
1 Thank SJM222
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently took my sister for afternoon tea as a treat and was very disappointed. The only nice thing was the Champagne!!. The presentation was awful (they seem to have forgotten to cut the finger sandwiches into fingers!!). The scones were very dry and flat and the fruit in the fruit cake had sunk to the bottom.
All in all very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family