“Great stay, great staff”
Review of Courthouse Hotel

Courthouse Hotel
Ranked #601 of 1,069 Hotels in London
scotland
“Great stay, great staff”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here with my husband for a nights stay. There was a warm welcome and a warm cookie which was avert nice touch. The staff were very friendly and helpful, making sure we had an umbrella for the rain.
The room was amazing as was the breakfast in bed. The bar area is very nice and relaxing, bar food and cocktails were of a very high standard.
The location is excellent with shopping, restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Thank you to all staff in making this an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
We will definitely pass on this hotel as a must stay for anyone visiting London

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this as a last resort for one night because everything else near Mayfair was so expensive. The lobby is a bit tacky with a very underwhelming entrance and I thought, "Uh oh," but what a wonderful surprise when I got to my room. Extremely tasteful, spacious, quiet. Location is great too . Couldn't ask for more. Only complaint is that the wifi signal did not reach my room at the end of the hall (but I could use ethernet, which worked fine. Internet was also expensive but free in lobby).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip. The location was great as I was working in Hanover street which is 2 minutes away on foot. That was the reason that I picked this hotel and also because it is "..by Hilton.."

My company booked it and payed for it. As soon as I arrived there the problems started. They told me that they would charge me 250 pounds as a security deposit!!! This has never happened before. As there was no other choice as they told me (deposit or no room) I payed the money. The staff at the reception was no friendly and very cold...as if they did not want to be there....

Anyway... going upstairs I found a spacious nice room, clean and with a huge bed. I thought ... at least I will sleep well. I took my things off the case to tidy up a little and decided to have a shower. The bathroom was very nice but to my surprise the water was icy cold. I rang up and they told me that they have issues with some rooms and that if I want I can get another room. Had no choice of course so I started packing again. the took me to a horrible room, much smaller, with an old bathroom. I was so tired that I just went to sleep and did not say anything. On the same night I contacted my company to let them know that I want to leave and find asap another hotel. I had to wait till morning though...

Going for the breakfast next morning a rude cold lady that looked like a warden was standing there and she told me that I cannot eat anything, no english breakfast just continental. I asked why and she said this is what is arranged. when I showed her my booking and what was included she said that all she knows is what is on the list. If there is an error I must find out my self.

I was so frustrated that I did not bother again. Left the hotel, went to work and I found out 2 hours later that my company arranged for me to leave and go to another hotel.

I will never visit the Doubletree Hotels. My stay there was a nightmare. and the hotel is ridiculously expensive.

A. F

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Argiro F

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Wellness area opens at Ten, too late
pool too small for swimming and in substandard state of upkeep (lightbulbs Not exchanged, broken tiles, selfprinted laminated paper signs..)
Fittness area very small and too warm
WLAN only in the lobby, and not working for second day
Roms tidy and large enough
Service ok, hotel overall not in 5-star state of upkeep

• Stayed October 2012
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice. iI is in a great location - especially for shopping.
Wifi is very expensive (although they have free wifi in the lobby.)
Lobby furniture is too low and trendy - and to hard to get up from!!

As part of the Doubletree chain they have nice warm cookies for you every night. Nice tuch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice to see smiling face welcome. Was worried bout our tea after reading reviews her but within 10 minutes we had our champagne, tea and sandwiches on table. Waitress came along twice to check our feedback. Big size sandwich.. Cake with orange flavor and sultanas & hot chocolate syrup come shape pastry enjoyed a lot...considering previous comment their is improvement... Worth a try !!!

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

used gift voucher. delicious food, scallops with strawberry were amazing. Indian lamb chops nice delicious. high standard service. waiter was knowledgable. sat on counsellor and solicitor table. will definetly visit in near future and book juries table.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends