“Inconsistent” 3 of 5 bubbles

Maison Blanc
Cuisines: Cafe, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of Muswell Hill Broadway, we are perfectly placed so that you can drop in to pick-up your speciality bread, morning pastries and handmade patisserie to enjoy at home. Alternatively enjoy our seasonal menu or afternoon tea served with Fairtrade tea or coffee in our café. Plenty of seating and baby changing facilities available. Licensed.
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Firstly, the staff need better training. They always act like it's their first day. I always get the Eggs en Cocotte with ham which is guaranteed to be inconsistent. Sometimes I get one slice of bread, sometimes two. Sometimes I get one butter, sometimes two. Sometimes the ham is on top, sometimes on the bottom. Sometimes I can taste the cheese, sometimes not …..

Visited May 2014
1 Thank V Z

• Korean first
“not as good as it was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good cakes and good value light lunches, but the service has become surly and inefficient. Unapologetic when they get orders wrong, which I have known them to do more than once. Pity, because it used to be quite a frequent haunt.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dirty toilets, bad service but food is tasty!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Came here with my partner for lunch after buying a groupon deal, Ive got to say I was really looking forward to eating here but I was very disappointed. Couldn't work out whether we were supposed to wait or find a table ourselves which we did, the waiter took our order informed us that there was only 1 selection for wine and a few of the milkshakes and juices weren't available as the menu was really old. 30 minutes later he came back and had to re order as he lost his ticket. 10 minutes later our food arrived and my avocado salad didn't have the avocado in! I notified the waiter who then brought out a tiny portion of avocado, after dinner we got some pastries to go and we were overcharged by mistake which took a little while to rectify. Toilets were dirty and we felt the place lacked any vibe or atmosphere. Overall it was the food that stopped it from being terrible as it really did taste good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Maison Blanc, hampstead”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I am slightly surprised not to find, here, the Hampstead outlet.
However, good food.
Good selection of tasty cakes.
Good service.
Pleasant atmosphere.
Tricky to park in Hampstead village

I will visit again.