“Beverley Knight makes the show!”
Review of The Bodyguard - CLOSED

The Bodyguard
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a must see because of Beverley Knight's voice! She was absolutely amazing and smashed every song and note. The show was fantastic and would definitely recommend! We had seats in the upper circle and from row K they are a little cramped with no arm rests and we did have a railing in front of us which slightly affected out view!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Saw the Bodyguard last Saturday evening and it was amazing. This was due to the talents of Beverley Knight who has a fantastic voice. I saw Whitney live in the early 1990's and had loved her since she started. I know Whitney is no longer with us but Beverley could have taught her a thing or two as Whitney is the only person I have seen sing live who I have been majorley disappointed with.
The show was excellent and I would highly recommend seeing it when Beverley is there as I know she does not perform in every show. The Show is different to the film in respect of the story and there are additional Whitney songs in the show which are not in the film, so it is a bit of a Whitney tribute. This was nice though and very fitting.
Last Saturday was the last night of the actress who plays Nikki Maron, so there was a tibute for her which was very touching.
It is quite a small theatre and you have a good view from most seats and I would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I found that Carole Stennett who plays Rachel's sister Nikki would have been so much more suited for the lead role. While Beverly Knight certainly hit the right notes and nobody can argue that she is a talented singer, I found her voice too powerful and it did not remind me of Whitney Houston. In my opinion, Carole Stennett came much closer to the original. She definitely has more feeling and doesn't just rely on her strong voice.

In general, I enjoyed the musical but I wouldn't spend my money on it again unless I had visitors who were really keen on seeing it. I didn't get goosebumps or shed a single tear. What really amazed me though about this production was the elaborate stage set. Rachel's costumes, on the other hand (in particular the last two in the grand finale), were a bit over the top.

My seat was in the Dress Circle, row O. You get a good view from there. Sadly, there is no leg room whatsoever. I was shifting uncomfortably in my seat for 2.5 hours.

Be prepared to have your bags checked at the entrance. A couple of people tried to get away with videoing and photographing but were warned immediately by the staff. If you go by tube, Charing Cross station is less than 5 mins walk away, same for Covent Garden station.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

super fantastic London show, most amazing production with Beverly Knight making the night..... only gripe with theatre is the fact they have the audacity to charge nine pounds for a plastic glass of wine.... I understand London prices as I am a Londoner but I did feel like I needed a Bodyguard to get my drink back to my seat without it being spilt..... If you tee total or can avoid the extortionate bar, you will certainly have an enjoyable evening.... If you never had the Beverly Knight experience, catch this show whilst she is in it, an extremely powerful voice, one of only a few that could replace Whitney's....

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have seen lots of musicals in the west end and I can honestly say this is the most excited I have ever been to go to see a show. I was not disappointed and I can honestly say it exceeded my expectations!! Beverly night is completely outstanding what an amazing voice! We thoroughly enjoyed it, the excitement and engagement in how they would interpret this for the west end kept us captivated and excited throughout. A thoroughly enjoyable evening, wish we could do it all again tomorrow!