“Beverley Knight absolutely fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bodyguard - CLOSED

The Bodyguard
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beverley Knight absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Saw the original production with Heather Headley but being a lifelong Beverley Knight fan went to see the show again and Ms Knight did not let me down. Quite simply STUNNING her voice is amazing will be going again to hear her fantastic voice. check with the theatre make sure Beverley is performing and get a ticket. Amazing

• Polish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Gave me goosebumps!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to see this on the 18th Dec just after my other half proposed so it was a really special occassion and this show DID NOT disappoint! Beverley Knights was absolutely wonderful and sounded just as good as Whitney. The set was very impressive and the show in general was just a brilliant experience. I would definately go and see this again! Only thing i would say is make sure you check which performances Beverley Knights is in as she is just amazing!

Visited December 2013
london
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“I would rather have great singing than poncey sets disguising bad performance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went to the New Year's Eve show as a last minute choice before forcing my way through the crowds for the fireworks. I must say as a bloke I'm not a fan of the film. Whitney another flawed genius sadly now departed made some excellent music, a stunning singer but I think the evenings performer did a fantastic job. Can't say I was looking forward to the show but thought it was great. If Beverley knight can't be bothered to sing most nights I would say she is not needed because the understudy if that is the correct term In This case was superb. Despite the fact that there was an annoying fall down drunk behind us that insisted on speaking though the night and joining in with the singing it still didn't spoil the show. I think everyone showed their disapproval at the end by standing and clapping...... I think that's disapproval isn't it. If you liked W.H. Songs then this is worthy of attention

Visited December 2013
Surrey
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“A really enjoyable night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

For somebody that was initially sceptical about a) whether anybody could sing these songs as good as Whitney Houston and b) I would enjoy a musical about a film I was ambivalent about I came home feeling uplifted and entertained. Beverley Knight is a brilliant singer ; she nailed all the songs as good as you've ever heard. The production was fast paced and packed a punch.
The supporting cast (as they are all supporting Ms Knight) did their jobs admirably. The set design lent itself to the intimate nature of the theatre and it's the first musical I've been to with my wife where I was clapping out of admiration not relief at the end. Bravo keep it up.

Benfleet, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Amazing Knight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was an exceptional show, had heard a lot about the production and was not dissapointed.after attending the show.

The singing was fantastic by Beverley Knight, and really well supported by Debbie Kurop. The songs flowed as sung by the legend Whitney Houston.

The supporting cast made it a night to remember

Facilities at the theatre, was good, plenty of room (unlike some of the older theatres)

1 Thank essexdutchie