Review Highlights

from $117.60
from $81.00
from $118.90
More Info
All reviews fortune theatre ghost story sound effects minimal props jumpy moments special effects male actors jump scares small theatre great play great actors west end story line dress circle matinee performance front row the lion king
Reviewed 4 days ago

Really lovely little theatre, sat in stalls, which i would recommend as actors pass through, worth seeing although not as good as the book or film, only 2 main actors, both of which were very good, really kept your attention, no boring bits, if you had not read the book or seen the film then i think you would enjoy it even more

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Went to see a matinee performance and the theatre was booked with mostly school kids.

Play was great, but the atmosphere was ruined we by noise and screeching kids. Wouldn’t have minded but it wasn’t half term and they should have blocked out the performance for school trips only.

We were offered new seats but this did little to improve the situation....

As mentioned, play was great and the actors were fab!

3  Thank Curiosity34547003581
Reviewed 1 week ago

Fourth time for me of seeing this fantastic production. Ignore the negative reviews because I clearly dont think they've given this production justice. If you've seen the film you'll have a fair/ good understanding of what to expect BUT dont expect this to be an exact replica of the film, the stage production keeps to the book which came a long time before the film which i think some reviewers on Facebook and on here have failed to understand. The production is wonderful and atmospheric and the two actors in last nights performance were the best we've seen. Use your imagination and senses and you will be scared witless!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Although a little slow to start once it got going it was great! The 2 actors told the story so well and really did the play justice. I jumped a fair few times too! It was very entertaining. A downside would be it’s not the most comfortable theatre and there isn’t much leg room in some of the seats, so if your tall go for an aisle seat!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Truly wonderful performance. It had us on the edge of our seats. It is amazing the power of ones imagination, the dog, the house, everything was made more real because it wasn't there. Behind us were sat three women who i can only imagine thought they were seeing Macbeth as they were doing some ghastly cackling and moaning behind us, however their uncultured squawking went unnoticed thanks to the sheer brilliance of the performance. The actors were sensational, the set (or lack of) worked beautifully.
We sat in row D in the stalls (so yes that means the witches of Eastwick were sat in row E) would recommend the seats, although if you get the chance of an aisle then go for it.
In all, a glorious performance thank you sirs.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great show .... the actors are brilliant and keep your attention the whole way through with some jumpy bits .... three actors which worked really well . box office staff great and very helpful .

the bad points .....The seats are very close together, being tall very uncomfortable and I had the aisle seat would hate to think how it would be in the middle of a row .
then there is the snacks .... very dear and got told off for opening my packet in middle of show .... I had to pour packet into a plastic cup ... which was fine but I needed to open the packet to get them in there .

was a great show just the theater let it down a bit .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Brilliant shoe, enjoyed by all the family including 3 teenage boys!! Wonderful and would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve seen the show before so was keen to take my son who loved the film.
When booking tickets I saw that school children could attend but I wasn’t expecting them to be all around us, talking, standing up to see, making stupid noises and eating all the way through the show.
Legroom is non-existent so as I had an aisle seat it wasn’t an option to move but my sons experience was so poor it was a wasted trip.
I mentioned to a steward he could have sorted these kids out but said he didn’t know what more to do than ask once to sit down...useless!
Waste of money

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Don't be put of by the negative reviews: it is really great story telling. Yes - the beginning is a bit slow but still quite funny in its own way...it builds up to quite a lot of drama and jumpy moments in the second half- and a great twist at the end. We all enjoyed it: parents and one 15 and one 12 years old! Really cleaver use of lighting, set and even costumes to support imagination. The audience was also very responsive. It is a great theatre play....

1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have to admit I was a bit put off after reading some of the reviews after buying my tickets. And although a few people did leave in the interval I genuinely could not understand.

I thought the play was well-written, fun and scary at the same time. The actors were wonderful and commited to get the audience engaged in the story, which in my opinion, they did achieve. I would certainly recommend it.

Only con would be I would not recommend people to upgrade for premium seats as the theatre is pretty tiny and I do not think it makes a huge difference to pay that money!