“Vegetables and meat need to be cooked mirey”
Review of Ma La Sichuan

Ma La Sichuan
Order Online
Ranked #1,182 of 28,203 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Mala Sichuan brings you the best in authentic Sichuan cooking, with truly exotic flavours designed to stimulate and excite the senses. Award-winning chef Zhang Xiaozhong, former head chef of Barshu and The Shard's Hutong, has created an exquisite menu, offering a balance of delicate and irresistible dishes. Whilst some of our offerings are spicy, our diverse range of traditional banquet dishes to sumptuous street snacks has plenty of subtleties for those with a gentler palette, each artfully crafted to capture the sweet, sour, bitter and aromatic tastes that make Sichuan cuisine so unique.
Reviewed May 31, 2019

I took my partner for his birthday and told the staff and they bought bought mango pudding and charged us nothing. It’s really sweet of them. The only thing about the food was that nearly everything was a bit raw. Some were a bit crunchy too. I would highly recommend ask the chef to cook it very well even if I try means waiting a bit longer. They also do takeaway so the kitchen seems to be a bit busy,

Reviewed May 31, 2019

Came here with my boss after work. A nicely appointed restaurant with a good ambience. Service was good, and the food was very tasty. Typical prices for the area.

Don't forget to ask for the extra chillies!

Would definitely go back.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

The service and staff were outstanding! My partner and I stumbled across this wonderful restaurant and I can only say what a find! Food was delicious and we will certainly go back on our next trip to London!

1  Thank M1125SHfrancescad
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Having visited China and Sichuan the food here does hit the ma la factor with ease. The hot & sour soup was delicious with the balance of flavours perfect. The main boiled beef was generous and could have easily fed two accompanied with the jasmine rice (there’s little point getting any ‘flavoured’ rice dish)

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

Came here in search of some mouth-numbing chilli goodness after reading awful reviews of the better known BS and it was one of the best decisions.
We were there late lunch Saturday and the place was empty - not surprising given the tucked away location in Victoria / Westminster, which is a desert during the weekend anyway.

We had the boiled chilli beef - very tender and just the right amount of heat and tingle, cumin lamb - great savoury umami hit and perfectly cooked meat - and dan dan noodles, which were served in an addictive creamy chilli peanut sauce (one of the best I’ve eaten). The fish fragrant aubergines were silky and delicious. All in all, fantastic food served by friendly and welcoming staff.

Would not hesitate to recommend - this place deserves to be packed every day!

1  Thank CeeCee365