“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Porky's BBQ Camden

Porky's BBQ Camden
Reserve with OpenTable
Porky's BBQ Camden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,230 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving up classic Memphis BBQ at Camden, Bankside and Shoreditch.
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Small place in Camden but good find, tasty food and friendly staff. As it's small the tables are all close together and we were placed next to some particularly loud people but didn't let that put us off. The restaurant couldn't really help that and as far as food and service went it was very good. Would recommend the pulled pork croquettes and hush puppies for starters, really nice to try something different you wouldn't get elsewhere. Would definitely recommend and go back again. Only weird thing was staff seemed to be eating leftovers from plates as they were carrying them back to the kitchen hatch! Bit odd but otherwise lovely evening.

1 Thank hlbrookes

• Korean first
London
“Lovely interior, ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Having wanted to visit here for a while, finally made our way here during the week. We hadn't booked, so just rocked up and were told we could sit where we wanted. There was a few people in there already, but still space. Different when we left though, it was packed!

It's not huge inside, but feels really inviting and is really comfortable. They even have a little exterior yard where you can eat.

The menu is big and the smells are delicious, didn't know what to order.

The starter of fish cakes was outstanding, ridiculous as it sounds but really fishy and can taste the crab! Often, they can taste fried.

I had a hot dog with pulled pork. The pulled pork was just incredible, some if the best I've had. Very soft, tender and juicy and succulent. The bacon rasher was cooked how I like it, crispy and well done.

The sausage however was not good. I don't know what it was, it tasted so odd. I couldn't tell what was wrong with it, but it tasted so funny that I didn't finish it. The bun was also soggy and greasy. I'm not sure if it was the seasoning, if it wasn't cooked or, heaven forbid, it was off, I doubt that but it's how itv tasted. Luckily though there was so much food, I was competently full anyway.

The atmosphere is nice and the team all pleasant to deal with, I'll visit again as the ribs looked awesome!

1 Thank nomadlad
Cork, Ireland
“nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

nice food, not alot of options. abit dear for the food. they had 12.5 service charge which i feel is a little bit too much other places are only had 10 percent.

Visited July 2014
“nice but the english cannot do real US style bbq”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

went for an early dinner here and had pulled pork and ribs n tips. the pulled pork was yummy but I found the ribs to be rather chewey unlike the American bbq ive had elsewere and over the pond. don't know why we cannot manage to get the fall off the bone texture and smokey flavour all the way through like the yanks. by no means was this a poor meal and I suppose if I had had something else from the menu I would have given a better score. quite dear for drinks and what is really quite basic food but everywere in Camden seems expensive

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mrraines
Milton keynes
“Great value, amazing burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Came down to visit a friend and liked the look of this place. Great atmosphere, very tasty pulled porky burger and great value for money. The only down point was we were sat next to open doors and it was chilly, and they were unable to close them. Would recommend this place if you like burgers.

• Visited June 2014