“A Tasty and Filling Meal”
Review of Porky's BBQ Camden

Porky's BBQ Camden
Reserve with OpenTable
Porky's BBQ Camden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,382 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving up classic Memphis BBQ at Camden, Bankside and Shoreditch.
London, United Kingdom
“A Tasty and Filling Meal”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Popped in last night (Tuesday) based on seeing it in Time Out magazine and wanted to eat something filling. Restuaruant was very quiet when we got there (apx 6:30), so we got a lovely table in the window. When we came to leave (8:15ish) it had become full, a good sign. To start we had the calamari- really good, nicely seasoned and not chewy, and the pulled pork croquettes, again well seasoned, got 3 big ones, potato croquettes with some pulled port in but enjoyable. For mains I had the pulled pork with a side of sweet potato fries and slaw. Very good sized portions and tasty food. Sweet potato fries were a really lovely alternative to normal fries. My boyfriend had the Porky burger with fries and macaroni cheese, burger looked delicious! Would definitely go again if in the Camden area, down from the market. Staff were friendly and helpful, all in all a lovely meal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank dsmith91

• Korean first
Ely, United Kingdom
“Overcooked and under seasoned”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Walked in full of hope and left extremely disappointed. Limited lager choices and cocktails however what we had was ok. Me and my partner had pulled pork croquettes for starter which came out within 5 minutes of ordering showing to me these were already cooked! No flavour until we put on the vinegar and BBQ sauce provided (which were nice). I then had a burger with pulled pork, bacon and cheese with a side of sweet potato fries. This was so disappointing. Burger was overcooked and dry with no seasoning, the pulled pork had zero flavour and the chips had no seasoning - all in all completely bland. My partner had the 'slow cooked' pork ribs. When they came thank goodness they had a BBQ sauce over them otherwise you would not have been able to eat them due to how dry they were - no meat was falling off the bone like it should have been. Considering the limited selection of food in my opinion there is no excuse for it not to be cooked to perfection. Will not be returning!!!!

• Visited March 2014
“Top Pulled Pork”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Pulled pork Is great! juicy and full of flavour. Service is good and the drink selection is very good as well. The home made BBQ sauce is beautiful and is best smothered all over the pork!!
Quite expensive but to be expected due to location and quality of food. :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nev1989
London, United Kingdom
“Ok, not great, but decent enough”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My urge for Ribs has now been sated.

Thought we'd give this a try as we are local. Decor, tables etc is all nice enough, they don't take bookings except for larger parties, but at 7pm it was easy enough to get a table.
Disappointed it took a while to get offered a drink.
Plenty of American bottled beers on the menu at £4-£5.50
Fruit juice spritzer was too wartery, either too much ice or too little fruit juice.
Menu is small, but big enough and quite reasonably priced for London.
We both had ribs, with sides of rice and beans, sweet potato fries and corn. The ribs were quite big and came with some tips, plenty of meat anyway.
Didn't have desert, but saw them, looked big.
Bill came to £60, which was 2 starters, 2 beers, 2 ribs, 3 sides and a soft drink incl service.
All in all it's ok, certainly worth going if you fancy ribs or a burger, difficult to see how anyone could regard it any better than ok/decent, but tbh what would you expect from a BBQ diner.

Visited March 2014
Camden , London
“Tasteless Breakfast”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I took my son here for breakfast, he eats meat I don't. We both ordered our breakfast and my son asked not to have beans, tomatoes or mushrooms on his. I ordered the vegetarian breakfast.

It looked okay, the regular stuff. My Veggie breakfast tasted like it had been bought from Iceland (the frozen food shop)

The mushrooms were tasteless, all the same size and shape and did not taste fresh at all. I pointed this out to the manager and she said they were fresh, though how she managed to get them all the same shape and size and taste like they were out of a tin is beyond me.

Hash brown also from the freezer (the triangle shaped ones) veggie sausages also frozen and this I know because I mistakenly bought them from the supermarket once. Beans were beans and toast was toast.
We were charge the full price for my sons breakfast, he's 6 and had asked for 3 items not to be put on his plate, they offered no extras of the things he liked but charged us full price. hardly good customer service.
The actual service was slow, seemed to be a mix up at the till and the butcher arrived with a delivery so maybe that wsas why we waited...and waited.

spoke to the manager about the tasteless frozen breakfast and she was quite unfriendly and defensive.

I often go out for a breakfast at the weekend.

I will not be going there again

• Visited February 2014