“Great Ribs in Camden”
Review of Porky's BBQ Camden

Porky's BBQ Camden
Reserve with OpenTable
Porky's BBQ Camden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,141 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serving up classic Memphis BBQ at Camden, Bankside and Shoreditch.
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited with my girlfriend on a Saturday evening - we both thought the food was great. We took Pulled Pork Croquettes for starters, then ribs for main. Ribs had a lovely hickory smoked flavour, with a beautifully sweet and sticky BBQ sauce. Pickles we're great too - had the BBQ beans as a side which I would recommend. Had a great selection of craft beers too. Staff we're friendly and the decor was the usually vintage American styling that you would expect from a BBQ place. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Loved this little place in Camden. My partner had one of the best burgers he's ever had, the Porkys burger, which came with bacon and pulled pork. There was a great selection of American craft beers here. Service was swift and friendly and the atmosphere was lovely and intimate with tables lit by candles. The only thing is, I would like more veggie options. I know this is modelled on an American BBQ place but one more option would have been lovely, maybe Mac and cheese? My bean burger was nice though and served in a a nice bun, not a sweet brioche bun thankfully. Would come again. Great cheap place to eat and a short walk from the markets.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I popped in on a Sunday (as the nearby Honest Burgers was full) and wish I hadn't.

Upon arrival, my girlfriend and I were directed to sit next to an overflowing bin in a corner of the restaurant and then served two dry, unappetising burgers with wilting bits of lettuce and tiny, cold chips.

The two condiments on the table were awful. The BBQ "sauce" was 99% liquid and the "chilli" vinegar was bland and pointless.

When you consider how brilliant Pitt Cue, Honest Burgers, Meat Market, Hawksmoor etc are, there's no reason to make a bee-line to this place.

As we left, we walked past three members of staff - none of whom said thanks or goodbye.

Maybe the pulled pork is amazing, but I won't be returning to find out.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Popped in here with some friends for a late lunch. Ordered half a chicken, a salad (main course portion) and a side of the beef chili. The 1/2 chicken was average and came with a side of pickles, nothing else. The beef chili was actually quite good. Where we got totally ripped off was on the 'main course' salad. The salad was small (served on a normal sized side plate) and consisted of - lettuce, 4 halves of cherry tomato, 2 cucumber spears and 1/3 of an avocado - all of this for a whopping 8 pounds - the same price as half a bbq chicken! We mentioned this to both the food runner and our server who both said that the side salad is even smaller....we were amazed and extremely disappointed that someone could even try to pass this off as a main course or charge such a high price.

Other than that, service was very average, server never came to check if our food was ok once it was delivered, never got a water re-fill or even asked if we wanted more drinks.

As another reviewer mentioned below, we'll be going to Dukes or Bodeans again, but not here.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Having no specific cuisine in mind, we came across this little place not far from the Camdem tube station, across from the market. The pulled pork is very nice and tender, could use a bit more seasoning, however, but the beef chili was amazing! As an American, I grew up eating homemade chili and this was a match for my moms! And being Xmas, I had the hot cider which was awesome! I'm excited to come back and try the catfish next time!