“Delightful restaurant.”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed August 23, 2013

There aren’t many Iraqi/Persian restaurants in the area, so I was delighted to find this just off edgware road minutes’ walk from marble arch. The interior is beautifully modern and not over crowded, with a spectacular gallery of Iraqi/person art work on the walls, with a harmonic romantic atmosphere. The restaurant was really busy which is always a good sign, all the staff members were polite and serving the customers with a friendly smile. The food was very nice, generously marinated and good portions size. I particularly enjoyed the soup. The food came quick even though it was busy. And the main course came only around 15 minutes later, just as we finished our starters. I and my work colleagues whom I went with loved it, very good service and clean. I will defiantly be going back and recommending it to friends and family. All in all was a very pleasant night out.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The first that you notice when you walk into Saffron is the decor. The decor is tactfully done which gives the restaurant a nice bright and clean look. I've been to a few Middle Eastern restaurants in the neighbouring area and what I find off putting is gaudy decor which gives the impression of the restaurant being dark and cramped. The tables at Saffron are spaced out with ample spacing so you can get in and out of your seat without pushing the person behind you face first into their food. When walking into Saffron you are greeted by one of the many friendly members of staff who are who add the pleasant experience of dinning here. Me and two friends arrived at peak time and the restaurant was really busy, all the members of staff were polite and serving the customers with a smile. We all ordered lentil soup as a starter and surprisingly was brought out to us within 5 minutes. The soup was really nice and I highly recommend it as a starter. My friends order a lamb shank and I ordered the Joojeh (minced lamb kebab) as our mains. These arrived once we had finished our starters. My main was outstanding, the minced kebab was seasoned very nicely, it’s a shame I was almost full on the soup as I would’ve ordered another Joojeh. My friends enjoyed the lamb shank, the meat was very tender and looked amazing.
Overall we had a really good night out at Saffron, the restaurant is modern with touches of old Persian art. The service was excellent and the food was brilliant. I would definitely go back to Saffron and recommend it to friends.

1  Thank HA55ANY
Reviewed June 22, 2013

From the outside, this little restaurant seemed rather cosy. It was crowded, which is normally a good sign. We ordered a soup and a main dish and asked to get them at the same time. First they came back from the kitchen, saying that they didnt have the main dish ordered, but they had everything else. I ordered a new main dish. Then came the soup, and only when my friend had finished his soup, I got the main dish.

The food tasted ok, definately not bad, but not that exciting either. There must be better places for Persian food in London.

1  Thank Johnny F
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Indian restaurant is lovely. It was recommended to me by a friend and is now a firm favourite. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I normally go on a Sunday as it is half price so you can try things you wouldn't normally have, the fish is my particular favourite at the moment.The food is fab and very tasty. Definitely worth a visit..

1  Thank tracegl
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I love the chicken jalfrezi, mushroom rice and garlic naan - it never fails to delight. The service is fast and friendly and they do great 50 percent off nights too (Sunday). They also deliver to your door - it's such great value and so tasty, you couldn't make it at home for the cost. I like to support good local restaurants - so give them a try!