“I was expecting much more”
Review of Bill's Restaurant

Bill's Restaurant
Ranked #2,853 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bill's Putney restaurant has a cosy but contemporary feel with plenty of booths, nooks and crannies. A pretty and distinctive restaurant, there's seating across two floors as well as a room for private hire.
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Heard some great reviews, so expected more than what I got..
Portions were small (fish main was anyway)
Most tasteless burger ever, and I mean ever..
And for a few drinks, a starter an 2 poor mains £64.. Get out is all I'm gonna say.. I'd prefer a nandos and it would be half the money..
Staff were over bearing and slightly irritating/condescending..
Not only would I not go back I defo would not recommend it, (if it was a mates birthday or a do, I wouldn't go, it was that poor)

1  Thank Ravingeddie

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Came down to old Bill's for a late Sunday brekkie. Had a fry-up which was satisfactory. Only 1 egg was runny, the other overdone. Bacon a little too crispy and thin. Toast was thick and well buttered. The sausages, although small, were excellent. The pancakes were ok, not very fluffy and much better can be found elsewhere. Cappuccino was very good. The atmosphere is busy and the shabby chic feel works well. Service is inconsistent depending who serves you, it's the little errors (staff forgetting requests and orders etc) that build up which in the end leave a less favourable view in mind. Prices are standard. Nothing too wrong with the place but it's hardly memorable enough to warrant a repeat visit.

1  Thank JaFooley
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Accommodated without a booking pleasant environment. I felt the was menu limited and a bit boring but food fresh and well cooked waitress service not the best - came back three times to ask for same drinks order and took my drink before I had finished

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lovely place,clean and peaceful.Staff is always very nice .
We ordered Mussels and fries and a rib eye steak and both were excellent.The young Portuguese waitress was very nice and smiling,attentive but not intrusive,excellent customer service. We really enjoyed and will certainly go back .

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had pancakes at Bills and while the taste was good they were not hot and fluffy like they should be, this after trying supper with chicken kebabs which were OK and surprised me. With nothing better to do that evening I said so on the Bill's web site and got a call next day, followed by an email offering me a free meal -impressive customer service! Then a family breakfast another day where I had Bill's breakfast and that took a while to arrive - ok the place was packed with queues out the door - and as someone else already mentioned those huge toast slices tend to hide what's on the plate. The service is exemplary, they make a real effort, letting you know if things are running late, and are very attentive and helpful. The decision on decor is a personal taste but I think it gives the right air of being an informal cafe restaurant where you can eat what you like, when you like, with informal surroundings. Ambience, price and the huge queues waiting to get in on a Saturday mean they've got it right in terms of value/quality. This is the new eating out recessionary style as value takes top place on the menu and in peoples' minds.