“Good wings, dodgy clientele”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of StickyWings

StickyWings
Ranked #1,137 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Whitechapel
Description: StickyWings is the UK's only Buffalo Wing shack. It was recently rated by 'The London Evening Standard' as one on the best three places in London for wings. They serve authentic buffalo wings and other flavours, inc BBQ and Xtra Hot. All chicken is cooked fresh to order and will take around 15/20 minutes. Enjoy with some of our ice cold beers.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good wings, dodgy clientele”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Service - Nice, but slow and struggled a little to deal with the how busy the restaurant was.

Food - The wings are tasty and authentic, the best I have had in Britain. However, the portions were not as big as they had been hyped up to be, mainly because of how small the wings themselves were. Great onion rings, average fries, and the hot sauce on the tables is mild.

Value - Decent; 11 wings, fries, onion rings and a beer for about £17.

Atmosphere - Terrible. This presumably isn't the norm, but when we were there a huge group of very rowdy and loud people came in and totally dominated the restaurant. Very dodgy people from their group walked around the tables bothering other diners. So much so that two other tables walked out, yet the staff did nothing to dissuade them.

Rickety tables, sparse decor, and uncomfortable chairs.

I don't think I'll go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Matt D

Rhodes, Greece
“Wonderful delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

One of the best restaurants in London which sells some nice spicy extra hot buffalo wings and that too in different flavors. Tasty and well presented with either blue cheese or ranch dressing with celery sticks. The meat is well cooked with right amount of sauce. Try the wings with ice cold beers. The place is suitably located on Brick lane-easily locatable and quite famous in the neighborhood. Service was amazing but of course you have to wait a bit to get the order on your table. The wait is really worth it. Truly amazing experience.

Visited September 2013
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Good experience overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service with good banter and decent chicken.

I had a US portion of Buffalo wings which filled me nicely but wasn't a ridiculous size. The wings took a good 30 minutes to arrive which seemed slow given it was mid afternoon and pretty quiet. The chicken was good enough but I wouldn't make a special trip. The Fries weren't very hot but tasted ok.

The highlight was when my mum clearly found the buffalo wings a bit too spicy, the waiter noticed and replaced them with BBQ free of charge which I thought was excellent customer service.

We also tried the viper chilli sauce which was absolutely mind blowing, literally.

In short, excellent service and good chicken but more of a pop in casual lunch place which doesn't quite live up to the hype but gets close

Don't bother with the Dead Crow bourbon beer, it's not good. Get a Samuel Adams instead!

Visited October 2013
“Best chicken in london!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Ever since my first visit in Lewisham Sticky Wings never fails to impress. If you want wings in london it's the best place to visit, especially if you struggle to find good buffalo wings and are tired of TGI's overly salty wings. My favourite flavour is definitely buffalo (on the bone for flavour) with blue cheese and jalapeño balls on the side! My friends were pleased to find many flavours for their boneless wings, mainly bbq being popular, but also Jerk.

Service is also good, especially for a small business as the waitresses are welcoming and the manager Darul is keen to make sure me and my friends are happy with our food. A wrong order was brought once, but Darul made sure we got a discount on our bill, as well as extra free wings!

It's also good to see competitions from time to time as sauce companies hosted a wing eating competition. I was gutted I couldn't take part as I was in a rush. These sorts of events are a bonus to the overall experience.

Not much more I can say, if you want good food in london that's cheaper than other large chain companies; but with better food, then come down to Sticky Wings. You won't be disappointed!

Essex, UK
“If you like proper Buffalo wings, this place is perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is not at all perfect, but the food is, and that's all that matters.

Service was pretty poor when we were in there but the place was swamped and the owner (who is a very friendly bloke who clearly cares about his customers, something that's becoming all-too rare in London) was telling us that a huge spike in popularity has brought him more customers than he can handle sometimes. He's working on getting more staff. One customer came in from an office while we were there to collect TWENTY SIX separate orders. Clearly, the myth about this place is growing, and quickly.

My friend has been telling me to come here for weeks now. He and I are both big fans of buffalo wings and can tell the difference between poor UK imitations and the real, US-style, thing. This place has nailed it. Don't get me wrong, there are good places in London for buffalo wings, but the sauce at this place is just a little bit special.

The restaurant is no-frills, nice simple decor, very little else on the menu except for bone-in or boneless wings and a few beers. I hear the cheesecakes are pretty amazing, but after an "American" portion of wings and fries, I would have been pushing it to have dessert.

All in all, if you want a simple wing shack like those you find in the States, you'll love Sticky Wings.

• Visited October 2013