Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Review Highlights
Feel-good musical for all ages

Reviewed May 31, 2018
Flipflopper2
London, United Kingdom
Loved every minute of it

Reviewed May 17, 2018

from $117.80
from $81.20
from $119.10
2,583 results
All reviews birthday treat film stage actors props
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Today i will give a review as to what it is like to see Charlie and the chocolate factory the musical.

1. Charlie and the chocolate factory is a good show when you see the sets. However the sets in the second half are a lot better than the sets in the first half,. This is probably because the second half is inside the factory and the first half is mostly set in Charlie's house and the streets.

2, The first bad point about this show is that the first half is quite boring and not very much happens. The second half we see inside the factory and we start to see all the other family's more. However the actors don't show that much emotion and there are not many points in the show that i would remember forever.

3. The other bad point about this production is that there is some swearing in it when it when there doesn't need to be. In some shows people might swear but this is only because they need to create an emotional scene, however in Charlie and the chocolate factory they just say it in general talking.

Overall i dont think Charlie and the chocolate factory is that good the first half is boring and the second half is a bit to child friendly.

1  Thank Dantelling
Reviewed May 31, 2018

I took my mum and 6 year old daughter to see this wonderful fun-filled show and we all loved it. The set was brilliant, and the special effects were cleverly done, not to mention some fantastic performances from a very talented cast. This was one of my favourite musicals yet.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

What a fantastic theatre show, it was brilliant, I think it is very clever how they have designed their set and how they pull off some of the most memorable parts of the film. We were very close to the front so got to see everything that was going on and the children in it do so well to remember all their lines and sing like they do.
I would recommend anyone to go and see it, they will love it.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

One of the best shows I think I have ever seen. The staff around were great to any question they would answer it.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Highly, highly recommended! Fantastic production which illustrates the story flawlessly! I could not take my eyes off the stage, simply amazing work. A joyful watch for all!

1  Thank Jessie K
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Great performance, kids truly enjoyed it from the beginning till the end. Nice decorations, very well played.

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

A really fun afternoon tea. Blue candy floss that tasted like pineapple, eggs that are made from chocolate with a delicious mousse, sandwhiches that look like roast beef but taste of chocolate. Chocolate tea and pretty milkshake bottles in a comfortable,relaxed environment. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

It was a very good show overall, however I give 3 stars because it was something I wouldn’t go back and watch it again as well as if you have to watch only one show others are definitely worth it more e.g. Les miserables !

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

This show was fab! Entertaining from start to finish and having got a deal on ‘kids week’ meant it was amazing value too!

Highly recommend and I would even go as far as saying we will go back again!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

I love the story and loved seeing it acted out on stage. The effects were also great, especially when Violet turned into a blueberry, she appeared to inflate inside a blueberry and she was rolled off stage. The props and the sets were also similar to the film and gave the show more realism. For example, the back drops fitted in with the stage set up, which gave the stage a good atmosphere.
I also think the characters were believable, as they looked like the film characters and acted in a similar manner. However, the transitions at times were sloppy and took quite a while to get the next scene up, therefore it dragged on a bit at points. Despite this, I really enjoyed seeing it and I love how they brought the film to life on the stage.