“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We have eaten at 2 or 3 other JO restaurants in London and had great experiences at both so were happy to try his diner near Piccadilly. What a total disappointment! Our waitress could not have been less attentive and dismissive if she tried. We ended up flagging down another server to get his help.
And, the food was awful. We'll think twice before assuming just because it has Jamie in the name that it will be a decent place to eat. Disappointing.

3  Thank bhm121
Ben H, General Manager at Jamie Oliver's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

But thank you for your comments.
Lots has changed since your visit and i hope we get the chance to show you some time

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,147)

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Ok, so it's London & Piccadilly Circus & you expect to pay more. The food was OK, not wow! The burgers got the thumbs up although I think it a bit much that you have to pay extra for fries! The Chicken Caesar was large & looked impressive but I was disappointed as I had expected a great US style salad. The chicken was drumsticks, the lettuce undressed, the Jamie version of croutons huge pieces of crispy flatbread & I could find no bacon & very little parmesan. Trying too hard & very unsatisfying. Beer was pricy but a good selection. Attentive staff but would I go back? Probably not.

3  Thank TopsMA
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I took my family for what I thought was going to be a great place to eat, only to relies that we should have just had a handful of turkey twisters and a pot noddle. We had the chicken burgers, dry bun, limp lettuce, stale co slaw, awful presentation, over priced low quality food. Not worth the walk throughout the doors, when I told the staff that we were not happy with the meal, they didn't even ask what it was that we found wrong.. Strange. Message to jamie oliver... Maybe you should read these reviews and go to your diner and start preparing the same food that you boast about in your tv shows... Low quality food cooked to an extremely low standard with a sky rocket price, won't be going back ever and will not recommend this place to anyone

2  Thank Fran A

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Good atmosphere. 23 Shaftsbury Ave. The waitress was attentive but perhaps too much so. She high fived us for finishing our meal. Food affordable but beer £5 per bottle! Food was tasty and as we got there about 6pm and did not have to wait long (had not booked), that was a surprise. Would recommend to try.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I went there with my mother and children today after a trip to the theatre. I had a chicken burger and they had hot dogs. The bread was old and hard and the whole thing dry and tasteless. What a disappointment, I should've gone to Macdonalds instead. Never again!!!!! I never expected to find awful food like that in a Jamie Oliver restaurant.

3  Thank Piet P

Kind regards

Been to Jamie Oliver's Diner? Share your experiences!