“Excellent toastie, tea and cake”
Review of Kahaila

Kahaila
Ranked #29 of 328 Bakeries in London
Cuisines: African
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed September 29, 2017

Bought an American friend here on Tuesday. She loved it. We are local so have been a few times and always have a great experience. Great sandwiches, tea choices and wonderful red velvet cake. Friendly staff. Efficient service. Tables being cleared as people move on. They must get fed up with the wifi table-huggers with just one coffee for an hour or so usage of a good table and chair! Hopefully they get the hint went the place is full.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Visited on Sunday toilets dirty and unkept no toilet roll nothing to dry my hands with.
Ordered lunch and coffee which was ok but nothing outstanding or special.

Then ordered two teas one of which I asked for in a pot so it could be brewed, was charged an extra pound for hot water! Then told it was for extra tea.......

Teapot arrived short of water and with no tea inside. Mmm gave feed back to the manager who thanked me for highlighting the training need. Shame she didn't invite me back for a cuppa!

Too expensive for a sloppy experience
Regrettable - won't return or recommend.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017

The cakes are amazing. We always stop for tea and cake when in the area. Service is fast and the staff very friendly. And have I mentioned how nice the cakes are.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Popped along to Kahaila for take away coffee and cake as it was on my 'to do' list for some time. The cake (an oreo choc slice) was tasty but when I opened the box later found I had been given the world's smallest slice! The lady gave me a tiny sliver and seemed to use one oreo as a measurement - plus she served it underneath the napkin AND the plastic fork so it was doubly frustrating. I won't be back and would recommend trying other, better coffee shops nearby - must do better Kahaila!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

The cakes and sweet pastries etc are truly delicious, rich, buttery and creamy. We had red velvet cake and a coffee/walnut cake - both as good as it gets. Cappuccino was perfect. Espresso was very strong. Service was great, though the baristas were way behind on orders so we almost ordered more cake! They also have tasty looking savory tarts and sandwiches, but we were on a sugar binge.

Has free wifi; decent clean toilets too - not always a given in this city.

Date of visit: July 2017