“Great place with caution”

Studios2Let - North Gower
Ranked #53 of 923 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just finished my stay and thought i would review while still fresh. As others have written, the location is great and the rooms are clean and well appointed. I stayed by myself and it would have been difficult to share. There isn't much room for anything besides the bed. The shower would probably fit inside a London phone booth. The two sinks have shelving or cupbourds just above them so they are difficult to use without splashing water all over the floor. I had a room facing the main street and it was very loud due to a corner bar nearby. Earplugs are required. A nearby room had a telephone ringing constantly throughout the day. A baby was crying across the hall. I could hear the entry door opening and closing throughout the day as well. They have a courtyard with picnic tables if you need to get out of your room as well as a lounge that i didn't see.

The woman at the front desk, I believe her name was Julia was very nice and helpful with all my questions. My biggest complaint of the place was what I would call a dumb tourist tax. I charged my room and signed the slip. I didn't read it until the next day where i found that they had converted the charge to dollars at a very unfavorable rate before charging me. It is explicitly written on the slip that I was given a choice of which currency I wanted it charged in. I was not given this choice and when I complained the next day they said there was nothing that could be done. I can't think of a legitamate reason why an establishment would do this other than to take a few extra bucks from unsuspecting tourists. I would insist that you have them charge you in the local currency. I did hear someone say they were paying cash and were told the hotel does not carry change.

I would probably go back due to price and location, but would be aware of the credit card issue.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Zatcer

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night and were pleasantly surprised at what this place had to offer.
The rooms were very clean and kitchen well appointed.
The bathroom had nice touches such as toothbrush, toothpaste, disposable razor and shaving cream as well as other complimentary toiletries.
Yes the rooms are small so would not want to stay here for a long period of time, but for a few nights this is fine.
Staff on reception were friendly and helpful plus you can leave luggage there after checking out to save carrying it around.
Good location although traffic is noisy in the morning.

Room Tip: It can be noisy outside so do ask for a room at the back on the top floor if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nesto69
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in an economy studio on the ground floor, near the reception desk. The room was lovely and clean, the kitchen really spacious, the bathroom tiny but ok. Other good points: a kind girl at the reception desk, very fast wi-fi ( free of charge), also the fact that you can leave your luggage there after your check-out and they will keep it safe till evening, if necessary.
Something that bothered us the most was the fact that in the evening you could hear every step of the guests from the upper floor. So, the sleep quality was not good, at least till the early morning hours. And in the morning, you realize that the curtains are not stopping the sunlight from getting in (which didn't bother us so much as we like to go sightseeing as early as possible - but if you want to sleep longer, this might be a problem)...Also, some smoke and steam was getting in through the window, probably from the laundry room.
The location is great, all means of public transport very near, a few pubs and shops next to the hotel. Having stayed in Studios2let at Cartwright Gardens a few years ago, I would rather choose that location in the future (although the price is a bit higher). All in all, this accomodation is fine for a shorter stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sonja964
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I chose this studio because of the location, which is wonderful. I was attending a week long course, and it seemed convenient because I don't like eating out for many days in a row.
The problem was that although there was a microwave, there was no surface where to place the food, and it was quite a challenge to prepare anything in such a tiny room. The worst though was the bathroom. It was so small that there was barely enough space to move. When after the third night my husband joined me, I found out that for a regular sized man it was impossible to use the bathroom without getting stuck to the wall, or standing outside.
To be fair I have to say that the room was really clean, and that they came to clean it after 5 days. The problem was that the cleaning staff broke one of my toiletries and didn't even bother to mention or do anything about it. When I complained to the person at reception, he said that he couldn't do anything about it since the cleaning lady had already left.
Besides all that, there was a lot of noise in the evening, it sounded like religious chanting which went on beyond midnight.
Truth be told, I wont be going back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the patio.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 3aC
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Close to euston station, good facilities (kettle, microwave, toaster, fridge) and value for money - would stay here over a hotel every time. Room is small and no eating area but is ideal for a night or two in london.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Hodgsojv
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights last week from Edinburgh train to kings cross st. Took a taxi, but it was near. Good neighborhood, lots of Indian restaurant and a supermarket a across Euston Station. A block away is Euston and Euston Square. Very convenient to use my London Pass and my BritRail Pass. Used as base for trips to Windsor, Hampton Court and Edinburgh. No problem getting back.
The sublet has a small refrig in the room, sink and Microwave. Can do laundry in the common room.
Room on the small size but for clean bed, fluffy duvet and pillow is fine with me. Wifi excellent too. Highly recommend.
Will come back if I get a good deal from londontown.com again

Caution: Arrive before 8 pm because after 8, you will have to get the keys from Cartwright Sublet.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out today after spending 3 nights in Studios 2 Let. When we arrived I was thrilled with the fantastic location. The apartments are a 3 minute walk from Euston Station. One of the main transport stations in London. The apartment itself was small but I could not fault anything. The room was with out a doubt the cleanest apartment/hotel I have ever stayed in and I travel a lot. It was perfect for a couple of days away. I could not fault the apartments and will definitely return when I am back in London.

• Stayed: May 2013