“Unhygienic and Not worth the price”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Crystal Palace Spa

Crystal Palace Spa
Ranked #11 of 320 Spas & Wellness in London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unhygienic and Not worth the price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Worst spa, the lady who attended was not professional at all and seemed like a apprentice rather, strict advise is save your money and go elsewhere

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Aroraways A

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed it - but it was shorter than i expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The first time I went to the spa for the hammam it was absolutely amazing. The ladies took about an hour and half to do the treatment and made us feel amazing. I loved it so much and was happy to go again, however this time the entire treatment took about 45 minutes which was really disappointing because I really enjoyed it the first time round and i don't really know why they cut their time short. All in all it was very relaxing and my skin was glowing!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible offer, and customer service to match”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I bought a couple's voucher on TimeOut back in October for a birthday in January, I spent £90 to treat myself and my husband for his birthday, my daughter woke up with chicken pox the day before, and when I went to cancel I was told that I could not move the date because I was out of my expiry date. Why was this not checked when I booked back in December? I think this is disgraceful. If I was able to book the first time round and just be a week out of the expiry date, I think a new date a couple of days later or even a week later could have been offered out of courtesy. I have also been to this place before, there is no way that the treatment that is offered on numerous websites is for 90 actual minutes, it is more like 50-60 minutes.
I would not waste my money on this place again, all it is is a glorified bath and steam room with lack of courtesy and politeness.

3 Thank Miss N
London
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“First ever Hammam - Loved it! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I was intrigued to try this, so bought the voucher for the 90 minute Hammam treatment when it was on special offer via Time Out. Booked the appointment and made my way to the Spa - was still not completely sure what to expect but had been told at the time of booking to bring a bikini and some body lotion (optional). Upon checking in at reception, I was shown downstairs to the small changing room; it was equipped with individual lockers for safely storing clothes and other belongings, hair dryers and a curtained off changing cubicle. They also supply each customer with rubber sandals to use whilst there as the floor can get quite slippery.
After changing into my bikini, I was shown to the spa steam room. I spent about 15 minutes sweating in the super-hot scented steam (TIP: there is a water cooler with disposable cups located just outside the steam room, make sure you rehydrate yourself after your steam session).
I was then collected by my therapist and led to one of their wet treatment rooms and asked to lie face down on a large marble slab. The therapist then proceeded to exfoliate my body thoroughly with a very coarse mitt, before getting me to turn over and then repeating the process on my front and face. It hurt a little at first but I quickly got used to the sensation. I didn't think it was doing much until I casually glanced at my arms and legs and saw the rolls of dull grey skin that had been sloughed off! I was completely mortified - I use really good quality expensive shower products and religiously exfoliate my body once a week in the shower. So where on earth had all this grimy dead skin come from?!! Yikes!
All the 'muck' was then washed off with pails of warm water and then the therapist poured warm soft soapy bubbles all over my body and gave me a wonderfully gentle and relaxing massage. Once the soap was rinsed off with more warm water, she then proceeded to apply a honey mask all over my face and body. The lights were further dimmed and I was then left alone for about 20 minutes to relax plus give the mask a chance to work its magic.
Once the allotted time had elapsed, I was led through the changing rooms to the shower area just round the corner. The showers are lovely - really powerful rain showers with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel available in dispensers for use. A large fluffy bath towel was also supplied to use after the shower. That was it, I got dried, dressed and left feeling squeaky clean and invigorated. I am also very happy to report that my skin felt super soft and smooth from the treatment.
I would definitely recommend this experience and hope to go back to the Spa in a few weeks, for more pampering.

London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had a groupon coupon and feel that this was excellent value.

The treatment was wonderful - the scrub was through and cleaned off the dead skin, followed by a a foam wash, followed by being covered in mud - face and body. In between the procedures hot water was poured over me and the massage was massage. All in all a brilliant 90 minutes. With thanks.