“A random drop in”

Ranked #11,831 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: Taste Vietnam. Huong use the finest ingredients in traditional family recipes. An authentic taste of the East, fragrant Pho, wokked noodles and fresh cocktails.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A random drop in”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We are looking for a Chinese one before coming to this restaurant. The lunch meal is pretty good deal. We 2 starters and 3 main courses. All the dish were very nice apart from the fact that the curry is a bit spicy for me. The starters were really nice. The service is far beyond expectation, friendly and hospitable

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KhanhHong V

• Finnish first
San Francisco, California
“Nothing soothes like a bowl of pho”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

After a long business week in London, I checked into the Ace Hotel and hit the streets looking for some noodles. I found Huong and met the owner Tony who was very hospitable. We talked of US cities and he asked me to give him an honest answer on how his food tasted. I had fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce, which were fantastic. The cilantro was light and lacy and so much more flavorful than in the US. And the Pho - wonderful noodles, fresh beef and some red hot peppers! Loved it and felt so relaxed afterwards. After dinner, he recommended some places to go, told me of some weekend street fairs, more than I asked for and much appreciated. I highly recommend Huong!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply amazing everytime!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

What can I say... This place is one of my favorite places to eat out. You must eat here! It is that simple.

I have been here a few times with my girlfriend, I have even began to bring in friends and try and spread this place around. Firstly, as soon as you come inside you are greeted with smiles and warmth. There is very minimal waiting around, you are brought in and shown to your seats, you have free reign to choose anywhere you like. I also love that there is an area at the back next to the bar where the staff and even family members of the owner, cut and prepare fresh and traditional Vietnamese cuisine.

That brings me on to the next point, the owner - Tony - is such a lovely person. My advice for anyone who is new do this place is do not be smug or anything, just be cool, have banter, laugh and joke with him. Take time to chat to him and get to know how the place came about. I like to think that my girlfriend and I have become good friends of his.

Next point is the food! God as my witness, it is never bland, always full of flavour, and keeps with tradition. A friend I brought here (who loves the place as much as I do), brought his friend who is Vietnamese and happens to be a chef, and even then the guy loved it. In terms of the meals, I usually go for the Pho soups - I think I get the special one, it is a really good size, never fails to fill me up. Not only is it really tasty, it is also great value, at about 7-8 pound. Cannot argue with that!

As I am a very critical person who believes that you cannot improve when in the absence of criticism, I will mention some negative points. In fairness, there are not many, and you could say I am being very picky but... The entrance door is quite heavy and it does get cold if you are seated around the from, the toilets and stairs down to the toilet are not that great aesthetically but kept clean, you could argue that the drinks are a bit pricey I suppose and finally, as far as I am aware there is not dessert menu of sorts, which would be nice. Tony if you are reading this, I am just sharing my opinion, don't let it affect our relationship ;) In all honesty though, there is literally no other negative I can think of.

I think that about sums it up. To conclude, the place is a 'must' for all those looking to try new food or just love East Asian food, very well priced, lovely staff, an extensive menu, great quality home cooking, what more do you want?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you fall in love with this place like I have.

Love Antony Tills

P.S: Make sure you try the home-made plum sauce, it's lush!

• Visited April 2014
“Lunchtime special”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for a couple of years for lunch and late night dinner (when working late). This is by far my favourite place to eat in London. The staff are super friendly, the food is excellent, and the atmosphere is really relaxed.

The price is v reasonable. Lunchtime meal are around £6-£7. We come here for all our office group lunches.

Paris, France
“Excellent food, friendly service”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The food at Huong Restaurant was so good, that my colleague and I went back the next day for another meal when we were in London for a business trip. Also a great vegetarian selection, and some very spicy meals for the not so faint of heart (and stomach).

• Visited April 2014