“One night stay.”

Travelodge London Vauxhall Hotel
Ranked #296 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 19, 2014

When arriving we was told we had booked our stay the month before checking the conformation I found out I indeed hadn't. But was told I had to pay again then contact someone else to refund my first night. Anyway was given a room walked all the way up and found the cleaner coming out he said you may want to get another room it smells in here. We gave it a go but after 10 minutes we couldn't stand it anymore it was a strong smell of bleach and sick. Windows don't open so couldn't let any air in. We were then moved to the 4th floor where we were right next to the trainline with trains in and out till very late. But room was a lot better and we had a great night. We couldn't falt the staff they were very helpful. The booking wasn't infact their fault. Great for a night away right next to Vauxhall station with a lovely Waitrose next door.

Room Tip: All rooms at the back of the hotel look over the overground platforms of Vauxhall station.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cloee2014

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

It pains me to write a negative review of this hotel as I've stayed many times without issue. However, recently the noise has become unbearable, to the point that during my last stay I had no sleep.
I've drawn the conclusion that some rooms are being used, how can I put this tactfully? By the hour. I was disturbed by slamming doors between 1am and 4am and men were arriving and leaving from at least one of the rooms on my corridor. The fact that people can access the hotel (via key card) 24/7 without passing reception means this kind of thing can go on unchecked. Now, if it's not causing noise/disruption to other guests who are there to get a good nights sleep, not really my business, but I think something should be done to prevent disturbance to guests through the night.
I think it's time I found a different hotel when I visit this area!
A real shame as staff are brilliant, location excellent and generally represents good vfm. Come on Travelodge! Clamp down on noisy guests like Premier Inn do!!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank superwrong
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel has a fantastic location just on the South Bank and opposite bus station and Tube. Local Waitrose is next door which is great for bakery for breakfast. Sainsburys is a few yards away. Hotel is clean and modern. Bar prices are similar to local pubs and the hotel can serve into the early hours. Great service from David from Galicia. Staff in general very helpful and friendly. Prices variable so need to check for best deals on Internet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good value, a good bed, helpful staff, very convenient location - all you need when you are planning an overnight stop in London. We didn't intend to spend much time in the hotel, and I knew to bring our own toiletries. The price made it an excellent place to rest after a long day shopping and going to the theatre.
It was great having a bar area which was open till late.
Breakfast was good for the price.
Transport links were excellent.
My only complaint is that the room was very hot and the temperature controls didn't seem to make any difference.

Room Tip: We didn't find there was much noise from the trains, but perhaps we are not the lightest sleeper...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ROKALO
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our (procrastinating) travel mates booked a room here, and after reading the positive reviews on this site, I cancelled my reservation at a hotel in the Baker St area that was more than twice as much and it was a $mart decision...

I stayed here for 6 nights post-Christmas/Pre-NYE and it was actually pretty good. I was initially nervous about this hotel because I didn't think you'd get anything decent for these prices within Zone 1 of the tube. There’s a tube stop across the street on the Victoria line, a Waitrose market downstairs and a Starbucks around the corner.

The rooms are modern with decent sized showers but limited storage space so if your’re gonna be there a while I’d recommend bringing your own hangers. The front desk staff were also very helpful with any questions or requests. Security-wise I also liked that you need a key card to get from the elevators to the rooms of each floor and that after a certain time you need a room key to enter the hotel....

If I have to point out any (minor) negatives it would be that
1. The windows don’t open for “fresh air” but the AC/Fan unit worked pretty well
2. The street in front of the hotel is for buses so you have to keep a look out for your hired
taxi or be prepared to guide them back to the hotel on the way back (or get out around
the corner or on the other side of the bus station)

Room Tip: Room 508 - penthouse views! lol
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank shaste80
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights over NYE.. newish Travelodge, basic rooms as you would expect, but is fine if ur just visiting London for a couple of days.. had a (2nd floor) room right overlooking the road and had virtually no traffic noise which was pretty amazing.. reception staff, one had a face like a slapped a88e but the other (& fortunately the one who checked me in) was really friendly and helpful.
I would stay here again and would recommend to anybody on a budget who just wants a place to crash while in the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ni B
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great location with wait rose next door and sainsburys local opposite
Staff very friendly rooms fresh and clean
Our room was like a sauna !! Couldn't get heating to turn down otherwise great break fabulous value for money

• Stayed: December 2013