“Lovely decor great service and fabulous cocktail bar with Xsold!”

Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection
Ranked #97 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely decor great service and fabulous cocktail bar with Xsold!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

4 ladies arrived, great porterage with cases. Checked in good atmosphere.
Rooms lovely.
Décor is fab..flowers were stunning apricot giant lillies weverywhere. Really nice bar, lounge and restaurant. Very airy not overpowering.

We spent far too much ion the cocktail bar with Xsold who even made a bespoke cocktail for one of our fussier guests. Best cocktails I've had in a long time. We ended up feeling like we were having a private party in the bar with some other guests that got talking.
Nice breakfast
Only reason it didn't get a 5 was we got cold coffees twice and a cold omelette. Felt the kitchen and serving was a little disjointed. BUT I am bringing my husband this weekend.

the location is excellent it was £8 in a cab to Harvey Nicks for lunch. Literally up the road to all the museums.
This isan e4xcelloent VFM hotel in central London. MOST IMPRESSED!

See you tomorrow guys!

Room Tip: all seemed lovely to me
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received and that you loved our cocktails in our Living Wall Bar.

I am grateful for your comments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering. Please be assured I have reviewed the issues raised with our Food and Beverage Manager.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia.

Kind regards,

Giacomo Battafarano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am writing this review from our gorgeous hotel room. We arrived in London and spent a night in Watford for a visit to Harry Potter studio. When we came back to London we booked a stay at Xenia via the Hotel Tonight app for the same day at a very reasonable rate. We arrived 3 hours before check-in and the concierge checked us into our room with no problem at all. The staff were so helpful and were all smiles. With the Hotel Tonight app, it books your room for 2 adults, we arrived with our 5 year old and the gentleman on reception called Peter was so helpful and told us that if we required a bigger room to just phone down.

The room itself was small but beautifully presented, so clean and had everything we could need and more. We were really happy with the room and the bed was so comfortable after a long day walking around the city. We didn't get back to the room until 10pm that night and fell fast asleep. We were due to check-out the next morning but I used the app again and booked another night. I phoned down to reception to let them know we had booked another night and if possible, could we have a slightly larger room. Peter told me he would try his best and within 2 minutes he phoned back up and told me he would have a bigger room ready for us at 11am. That was fantastic for us! He sent a gentleman up who carried our luggage and took us to our new room...WOW! We had a bigger room, with city views, balcony terrace and we were so happy.

The staff here really know how to look after their guests and we have had an amazing stay at the hotel and hardly want to leave tomorrow morning. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody. It is in a great location, fabulous hotel and exceptional staff!

One of the best hotels we have stayed in, thanks Xenia for an amazing stay!

Room Tip: If you feel the room is a bit small, phone down to reception and ask if there are any bigger rooms a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Xenia for your stay in London and for taking the time to write such a great review.

We are delighted that we have exceeded your expectations and you found the hotel very comfortable, also it was a pleasure to note how impressed you were with the service you received from our staff. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Xenia on your next visit to London!

Kind regards,

Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over Valentines weekend 2014. Probably the best hotel we have ever stayed at. We're given a free upgrade to a Executive Room on arrival (possibly due to the fact I let the hotel know I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend...she said YES!) Fruit dish supplied to the room after 30mins of checking in which was amazing. Brilliantly room supplies...coffee machine, great bed, great bathroom, could fault it. Definitely will stay here again and definitely recommend a stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful and detailed review!
We are very happy that you appreciated our property, the room and the service received during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia,

Winchester, England
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for Valentine's night 2014 and we agree with other reviewers that the staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. It's in a pretty convenient location about 10 minutes stroll to Gloucester Road tube station from where you can easily get into the West End on the Piccadilly Line. When we stayed here last November we found it was a brilliant position close to The Albert Hall (for a gig we went to) and for shopping in Kensington.

The place is spotless and is neat and modern without being sterile, The breakfast is very good although service can be a little slow.

We loved our 'Executive' room which had a very comfortable King-size bed and a cute little balcony (if it hadn't been such dreadful weather we'd have sat out there with a cup of tea).

We'd recommend this hotel just on the service. When we stayed here before we had cause to make a discreet complaint about the breakfast and the Manager couldn't have been nicer and clearly ensures that all his staff have the same excellent customer care.

Room Tip: Check your room size. We've stayed twice. On the first occasion it was very small. This time it...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing again Hotel Xenia for your stay in London and for taking time to share your experience with us.

I’m delighted that we have exceeded your expectations and you found the hotel very comfortable, also it was a pleasure to note how impressed you were with the service you received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia soon,

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a 2 night stay at hotel Xenia, all I can say is fantastic. The staff couldn't do enough for you, room was spotless not to mention the fluffy towels and super soft bedding. Loved the little touch on a night when we went to bed we had chocolates and the bed was pulled back ready. Only thing I would have liked was a bath after a long day site seeing but the shower was amazing. Will be back

Dear guest,

first of all, I would like to thank you for your precious time you have taken to share your fantastic experience at Hotel Xenia.
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how impressed you were with the service you received. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia in the near future,

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Being a regular business traveller to London, I use many of the hotel comparison sites and I get to try a so many different 4 or 5 star hotels.

I was lucky to find the Hotel Xenia at 160 Cromwell road.

The hotel obviously has just been renovated and it shows.

The rooms were well appointed, and although I've stayed in bigger rooms, I found my room more than ample.

I had a king size bed which I found very comfortable. The bath room although small, was very nice, the duel head shower nice and strong.
The toiletries provided were good as were the tea and coffee facilities.

My room had a small balcony which, on a nicer day, I may have taken tea on.

The buffet breakfast was great value although I found the full English a little pricey.

The bar and restaurant were really well done, and all the staff met were lovely.

I was in a large group so we got a good rate for 9 rooms, and I found myself re-booking for the half term holiday with my kids.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Peter B

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Xenia for your stay in London and for taking the time to write such a nice review.

I am very pleased to read that our service met your expectations and you liked hotel Xenia.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia,

Desborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked to stay at the Xenia through Superbreak, along with theatre tickets to see Billy Elliot. A very good choice! When arriving at the hotel, check-in was smooth and the room was available straight away although we checked in early. The helpful doorman showed us to the lift, he didn't explain we needed to swipe our room card in order for the lift to work. When the lift was going nowhere and it turned dark a slight panic came over us and after pressing the alarm button, the doorman then explained how to use the lift! The hotel smelt clean and fresh and when entering our room first impressions were how cosy it looked. We stayed in a classic double room and it had everything we needed. A lovely clean bathroom with L'occataine toiletries, big fluffy towels, tea and coffee facilities with biscuits and a bottle of water. These are only a few things to mention. The room was quite small but absolutely fine for what we needed. The hotel is in an excellent position, a short walk from Gloucester Road tube station. We had the full breakfast in the morning which you could help yourself to the continental buffet that had a wide variety of food to choose from, fresh food and then our choice off the menu. My partner had a full English breakfast and I had the scrambled egg and smoked salmon on toast. Both were very well presented and possibly the best breakfast we have had. Both of us were very impressed with the hotel and agreed we would definitely stay at the Xenia again. We look forward to it!!

1 Thank Lisa_Jayne_86
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed the stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received.

Please accept our apologies for any distress caused with the lift usage; for a security reason, to use the lift you need to swipe your room card in order for the lift to work; we train and remind all our staff to be helpful and courteous and I regret that in this instance we failed to inform you how to use the lift.

May I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your comments with us. We are grateful for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia in the near future.

Kind Regards,