Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection
$217
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$174
$261
$243
Orbitz.com
1,482 results
All reviewscromwell roadl'occitane toiletriessamsung tabletkensington arearooms are smallclassic roommacaroonsthe natural history museumlovely hotelearls courtroyal albert hallcocktail barbigger roomexecutive roomturn down serviceshort walkpiccadilly line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here recently for work. We stayed one evening, used a room for conference, and had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel. I have to say my stay was lovely. The rooms are very nicely decorated, although slightly to the smaller size - but it is normal in London - they offer all you need. The beds are extremely comfy, everything is immaculately clean. The breakfast was really good and one of the highlights for me! Overall a great choice for London.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear AnaM2812,
Thank you very much indeed for your recent stay at Hotel Xenia, and for the time taken to post your review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I am particularly pleased that you mentioned Xenia Breakfast - we are getting tweets and messages from passing public saying how nice it looks, and we are hoping to introduce some new lines to our continental selection over the coming days. I will certainly share your feedback with my team. Thank you again, and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Hi I stayed at the Xenia for a trip to wembley and for my brothers birthday .
The staff were amazingly welcoming and remembered it was a special weekend and went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay .
The room ,115 was a little small bit beautifully appointed .
The location of the hotel is also lovely , 1 mile to Harrods , 500 yards to the natural history museum .
I will be staying again , and have booked for two nights in October for my daughters birthday .
It made our weekend special .

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Lardy71,
Thank you very much indeed for your recent stay at Hotel Xenia, and for the time taken to post your review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. If at all possible, please contact me directly as I would like to find out more regarding your daughter's visit in October? I will certainly share your feedback with my team. Thank you again, I look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Just a brief review to express my relief on this last min choice today, everywhere has been very booked up with London fashion week etc & having never stayed here before I was unsure what to expect but it has fully exceeded my expectations & I've found a very good base with exceptional hospitality from the staff that greeted me, so I must thank Edmund & Yvonne for their outstanding warmth & accommodating nature, it really was a good start for my stay & set the tone before I was even allocated my room, room is all I would expect & more, this hotel is a real gem, a great find & the staff here really make it, thank you both very much, your hospitality went a long way & made a real difference after a long day of traveling etc.. Thank you both again. Warmest regards.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Kate W,
Thank you very much indeed for your recent stay at Hotel Xenia, and for the time taken to post your review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly share your feedback with my team - especially Yvonne and Edmund. Thank you again, and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Newly renovated, clean, crisp, relaxing and comfortable Boutique Hotel. Our classic room was small but perfectly adequate for one night in London. Beds, linen and the rain shower in the bathroom were lovely. The bar is a nice place to chill with appetisers served with drinks and the lounge is a peaceful place to relax. What stood out was the welcome we received and the attitude of every member of staff we came in contact with from reception to the bar. Well done Xenia we will be back. Would recommend next category room up if staying longer than a couple of days.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DandHPlymuth,
Thank you very much indeed for your recent stay at Hotel Xenia, and for the time taken to post your review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly share your feedback with my team. Thank you again, and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a difficult review to write as I really do not want this to be a bad review.

There really is so much positive to say about this hotel - among others are the

*Great Location
*Really genuinely warm welcome
*Superb staff, friendly, corteous and helpful.
*Comfy bed, quality linen and towels
* Great and more than adequate bathroom and complimentary products

but then there is the negative -

* tiny room - so much so that it became a logistical issue for my wife and I in trying to share the only available area of free space (approximately 100cm x 100cm at the most) - the 'dressing table' was unusable because there was only 30-40cm between it and the end of the bed - see other reviews for more information, pictures etc.

I can honestly say I have never stayed in such a small and cramped hotel or B&B room, ever, and have had rooms twice the size for half the cost! I checked out Tripadvisor before booking and saw the comments regarding room size but even then on actually seeing the room I could not believe how small and very cramped it actually was.

I really did not want to write a bad review because as I said at the beginning, there is so much positive to be said about the Xenia Hotel but unfortunately the size of the room whilst not spoiling our stay made it, shall we say, less enjoyable.

I guess the acid test of what I really feel about the Xenia Hotel is 'would I stay here again?' - the answer is 'Yes' BUT only if I could ensure I had a room that was large enough to be genuinely fit for purpose or if I was charged half the price.

Room Tip: Just make sure you check out room size before booking
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveller082

Dear traveller082,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Xenia, and thank you for your review. I am very grateful for the time taken to post your feedback. What's more - thank you for reflecting on many positives as well as the room size. To that end - I can only say that being an old building - our rooms vary in shapes and sizes. We try and be up-front and transparent by advertising room sizes wherever possible. Our pricing is structured so that the price reflects the room size and can vary from £135 to £800 - depending on seasonable variations, availability, etc...Thank you again for you review. Should you decide to return to Hotel Xenia, please contact me directly and I will handle your reservation personally.

Mario Ovsenjak - General Manager