“Beautiful hotel, great location.”

Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection
Ranked #94 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Cambridgeshire
“Beautiful hotel, great location.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The staff were really friendly and professional. The decoration is lovely, relaxing with an expensive feel. Rooms were good, however ours was very small and no blind on the bathroom window. As we walked back to the hotel after a great night in London along the main road we looked up and could see straight into our bathroom as we had left the light on....the realisation that I was I the shower earlier in full view if the main road wasn't great! That said we would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a blind on the window!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Camborne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel had only been open a week when my partner and I stayed there. The service was great with friendly, helpful staff. The room was lovely with a very comfy bed. My only criticism would be the food. They are very keen on promoting very healthy food. Unfortunately it was a bit like eating baby food. It was presented beautifully but my partner was still hungry when he had finished. It would have been nice to have another menu to choose from. We also thought that the menu was very pricey.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Sam M
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Couldn't fault the staff or the cleanliness of the hotel. However, for me the location was not good as public transport not the best during the day. No direct buses to central London. Nearest tube about 15 minutes away. Room was small and even though had a black out curtain, it let the sun in. Did not eat there as food over priced for what it is. Sainsburys next door, a big bonus.

Room Tip: No idea, but there rooms are not cheap.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Smiggy64, thank you very much for choosing Hotel Xenia for your recent stay. Also, many thanks for the time taken to post your review. I am sorry that you didn't find the transport links to be satisfactory. Hotel Xenia is located on Cromwell Road, approximately 30 minute drive to Heathrow Airport. Earls Court underground station can be find 5 minute walk from the hotel, whilst Gloucester Road underground station is approximately 8 minutes walk down the Cromwell Road. Walking out of the main entrance and approximately 100m to the left, there is a bus stop served by the bus route no 74, which takes our guests towards all the famous museums, as well as Harrods, Hyde Park Corner, and into Oxford Street at the heart of West End. I will keep a closer look on our heavy curtains, this is the first time that someone would comment on those, I will definitely look into this for you. Most of all, thank you for highlighting the positives about Hotel Xenia, your feedback is very important to me. I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back at some point soon.

With kind regards,
Mario Ovsenjak, General Manager
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We enjoyed a weekend stay at the end of July and were both thoroughly thrilled with our experience. I appreciate new boutique hotels and enjoy "trying them out". Hotel Xenia has a team of friendly, smiley staff who certainly know how to make you feel welcome from the moment you approach the front steps - the concierge/porter eagerly took our luggage from our hands and escorted us through to the front desk, where we were welcomed by further warm smiles and a smooth check in.

We enjoyed a very professional show around from the Night Manager Dawid. Hotel Xenia certainly has many unique selling points - fabulous rooftop area and flexible meeting/event space, beautiful decor throughout and a team of friendly staff, who are visibly on hand 24-7 to anticipate your every need and make your stay extra special.

Everywhere is very clean, tidy and orderly - an absolute must for me! The room was very adequate with comfortable bed, lovely french balcony and the usual necessities. Delicious chocolate covered strawberries - a nice 'turn down' touch after a long day out and about in London.

I have one niggly comment: a further power socket is needed in the bedroom (by the mirror) for when using a hairdryer. Having to use the TV plug and stretch across the room to get a glimpse of your hair was slightly challenging!

We did not have time to enjoy food and beverage - the restaurants & bars as well as menus all looked very enticing though.

Would I come again and am I recommending you? ABSOLUTELY!

Thank you for the warm, personal and kind service that you gave us and I hope you become a great success.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Verona, Italy
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and me stayed in Xenia hotel for 4 nights in June, had an executive room on the third floor.
We were very satisfied with thre overall comfort of the room , the cleanliness of the bathroom and quality and variety of the freshllye cooked breakfast.
What really made our stay special was the the quality of the staff ,(from concierge to bars and breakfast waiters ) , mostly young multinational people , very professional , always smiling and ready to help you ; we had the chance of meeting the manager and express in english our positive feelings and found out ...he is coming from Italy (as we are).
Highly recommended , We will be back to Xenia very soon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I can't talk highly enough of this hotel. It was literally the most amazing hotel I've ever been to in my entire life. Beautiful furniture, attention to detail was perfect, and it was the cleanest hotel I've ever seen. Bathroom was spotless and shower was perfect pressure. The staff and customer service was faultless. The concierge were more than happy to send long emails in reply to mine to help me know the area, where to go nearby, make good recommendations.
BOOK THIS HOTEL!! You won't regret it - I can promise that!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
wyckoff
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent hotel. Kind, professional and very helpful staff. Great location, relatively close to underground station. Rooms overlooking the back are very quiet. Very clean. Great breakfast glasshouse (conservatory). Nice bathroom goodies. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it's very well true. I definitely recommend the Xenia and I'm planning to go back in my next trip to London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel