Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection
$257
$238
Travelocity
1,482 results
All reviewscromwell roadl'occitane toiletriessamsung tabletkensington arearooms are smallclassic roommacaroonsthe natural history museumlovely hotelearls courtroyal albert hallcocktail barbigger roomexecutive roomturn down serviceshort walkpiccadilly line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel and was welcomed by friendly concierge and reception staff. We had paid for a standard room and, whilst the standard was excellent, the room was small. I understand city hotels can be small. The carpet in the rooms are wonderfully soft and the towels are simply gorgeous. Overall a lovely hotel if you don't mind the small rooms. The location was excellent and within 5 minutes of an underground station.I left My iPhone charger when we left but after calling reception the concierge posted it back to me within several days at no cost ,great service.They have a great car parking arrangement at a reasonable cost this can be arranged through the concierge. I would highly recommend the hotel and we will definitely stay again.

1  Thank Drgwalker
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is extremely beautiful and elegantly furnished. We booked an executive room which had slippers, robes, a nespresso machine, tea and coffee, mineral water, complimentary umbrella and luxurious locataine Shower products. The carpet in the rooms are wonderfully soft and the towels are simply gorgeous. The room size is not the biggest but definitely adequate. With the executive rooms you also get complimentary refreshments in the bar. This includes one free drink from the menu and small snacks. Definitely try the "English Lady champagne cocktail" it's delicious. The bar tender is very attentive and is happy to recommend different cocktails. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to friends/family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear J0F0,
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for the time taken to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your compliments about the English Lady cocktail to Zsolt, our Head Barman, he will be pleased. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in due course

With kind regards

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Xenia in mid May ; I was attending a Buckingham Palace Garden Party with my daughter.I chose the hotel having seen advance publicity and booked a classic room.
I read the reviews about small rooms prior to our visit but was not at all prepared for what I found.
The hotel looks most attractive externally and the public rooms are comfortable and tastefully appointed.check in was straightforward and speedy . We were allocated 307 and I can fully understand the frustrion of the gentleman who stayed in 507 as one coold not swing a mouse let alone the proverbial cat.
As with the public rooms, decoration is tasteful: the tiny shower proved very good and the toiletries very nice but there the plus points end. I have rarely seen such a teeny tiny room for two people, we could barely both stand up at the same time and when our daughter joined us it was imposible. The bed had a tiny gap one side, right against the window not large enough to use to access that side of the bed and it was the most uncomfortable bed on which I have ever slept. I had to climb over the end of the bed to get in and slept extremely badly as the bed made my back ache terribly. However the bedding was good quality and the turn down service with very nice chocolates, was a pleasant surprise.
On the first morning , I showered and was wrapped in a towel and my husband in the tiny bathroom , when there was a knock on the door and I opened it sufficient to answer:it was the chambermaid asking when she could make up the room . It was 8.30!! I told her we would be going out by 9.30.
We did go out to have breakfast as we had not taken the option. As I had to change for the garden party, something which should have been fun , but was extepremely difficult in the minuscule space, we were back by 12.30 and the room , to my annoyance,had not been made up . I rang reception to infom them and to tell them about the maid disturbing our ablutions at 8.30 and they offered to send someone immediately , which would not have helped me in my task of dressing in the cupboard that was our room in the time available.
I spoke to the reception staff when I left for the Palace and made it clear I was not happy about the maid knocking the door so early nor was I impressed by the fact the room was not made up nearly 5 hours later.
The refreshment supplies were also not replenished.
We had a second very disturbed night and left quite early the next day.

This is a hotel which is, like the Curate's Egg, good in parts. It is lovely to look at but there are staff issues and dreadful problems with the much vaunted Samsung tablets in each room and with the wifi across the hotel;there was a queue of guests behind me also looking for help to operate the tablet or to access the wifi on their own iPads. Wifi appeared to only work in the lounge.There is much room for improvement.And I was very shocked that our room was no bigger than a small single and the Premier Inns in which I have stayed offer vastly more space and genuinely comfortable beds. The Classic rooms are to be avoided or at the least ask to see it before you accept the keys and request another room.
Would I return ? Only if I was prepared to pay for a much bigger executuve room or possibly to a twin room. Definitely not to room 7 on any floor!!
The location is , however, excellent but nothing outweighs the tiny guest rooms and that, together with the maid incident, means I can't say it is better that poor to average.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lleisiau
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel and was welcomed by friendly concierge and reception staff. We had paid for a superior room and, whilst the standard was excellent, the room was tiny. I understand city hotels can be small but the bed was essentially up against one wall - which was difficult to manoeuvre out of - and we had eaves on the other where we both cracked our heads really hard! We had a terrace but the weather was poor and therefore of no use to us. I would have preferred the extra space in the room. Whilst the room was lovely there were no wee things that you would look for in a hotel eg: Do not disturb sign and a shelf or unit in the bathroom for our toilet bag. The restaurant didn't display menu or prices so we didn't use it as we would have been embarrassed to venture in and found it too expensive. We would have loved to have eaten at the hotel but the fact the menu/prices weren't on show swayed our decision not to. Overall a lovely hotel if you don't mind the small rooms. The location was excellent and within 5 minutes of an underground station.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ADBBelfast

Dear ADBBelfast,
Thank you for staying with us and for the time taken to write your review. I am glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. In terms of room sizes, they are varied. We make every effort that our pricing policy reflects this and that room sizes are advertised at the point of reservation wherever possible. I will look into do not disturb and menu pricing. Both items should have been in place, please accept my apologies for this. I am very grateful for your feedback as this provides me with some key areas to focus on moving forwards. Thank you and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Xenia in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed for two nights for mini-moon! Rate of room reasonable for time of year and location in central. Reception smells sooooo nice. Greeted on arrival by concierge who carried bags in for us. Reception staff friendly. Room lovely, althought very small. However, this did not impede our stay as it was a bed for the night, and a very nice bed it was! Balcony to room which was lovely. Quiet hotel. Clean. Staff couldn't do enough....bed turned down every evening with chocolate favour at bedside! Definately will stay again here and would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Sarah H, thank you so very much for your stay with us and for a such of glowing review. It is gratifying for us to learn that you enjoyed your visit. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Xenia and introduce myself, please contact me when you plan your next visit to London, and I will handle your reservation personally.

Thank you again, have a great summer and I hope to hear back from you soon.

With kind regards,