Top Hat - CLOSED

Reviewed December 30, 2016
mariedesjardins
Prince George, Canada
Sensational, Top Hat - Top Notch

Saw Top Hat at the Victoria Theatre in Woking yesterday. We were not disappointed! Energetic, great... read more

Reviewed July 19, 2015
kym13
London, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2016

We saw Top Hat in September 2013 and really enjoyed this performance. Like an old Hollywood musical with lots of singing and dancing. Beautiful costumes. High energy performance, never a dull moment. Really had an excellent evening at the theatre watching this performance. Big band music. Prices for tickets were reasonable too.

Reviewed July 19, 2015

Energetic, great dancing and singing, the costumes were beautiful and the stage so well set up and current. The show was incredibly uplifting and entertaining, a real joy spreader. Everything about it was brilliant. We had an enjoyable time and would highly recommend this show.
The theatre too was modern, comfortable seats ans spacious. In the shopping mall in Woking, easily accessible.

Reviewed March 20, 2015

As an ex tap dancer, I thoroughly enjoyed this show. I grew up watching old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies, trying to copy all the steps and tap moves. To watch this in the theatre was an absolute pleasure. The stage is so well set up and the dancing is singing is first class. For all tap dancing fanatics, this is a must !

Reviewed March 4, 2015

Because we were not engaged by this performance we became distracted and irritated by the type of audience attracted to a show of this ilk. We had the morbidly obese crinkling and crackling their way through one packet of sweets after another; we had those singing the first lines and da daing the rest; we had energetic hand jivers and we had at least two heavily infected with head colds. On the stage, the performance relied on glitzy costumes, bright lights and shiny things to draw attention away from a choreography of dance routines that was uninspired and repetitive. The script was woodenly performed and the production lacked the essential spark. OK for an hour but after that we just wanted to get away from the ghastly audience around us and the poor production in front of us.

1  Thank Jim-In-North
Reviewed October 28, 2014

Top Hat was so good that I went back to see it in London twice and I'm going to see it again in Canterbury now that it's on tour. The show was incredibly uplifting, a real joy spreader. The costumes are gorgeous, the dancing contagious, everything about it was brilliant. I hope it returns to London again so I can get another couple of visits in!

1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed October 13, 2014

This is a great show from start to finish and very true to the film. The choreography and costumes are as stunning as the cast themselves who put on a brilliant performance. Thoroughly entertaining and a thoroughly enjoyable night, I want to see it again.

Reviewed October 7, 2014

When your'e there it already start at the entrence! good actors and the songs... I still sing them. A realy good night out.

Reviewed September 27, 2014

Nothing to dislike about this wonderful show. Good old fashioned musical entertainment. Brilliant dancing, great family show.

Reviewed September 21, 2014

I've seen Top Hat in Manchester years ago, but this cast is exceptional. Very slick, and definitely worth going to see!!

Reviewed September 7, 2014

What a great show. I had a smile on my face from start to finish. Very slick ,funny and entertaining.